Société Générale Securities Services is part of the business line Global Banking Investor Solutions of Société Générale, which is the biggest financial service provider in Europe. Société Générale Securities Services has 4,000 employees across 23 countries.
It offers a full range of securities services:
Custody & Trustee services
Fund Administration & Asset Servicing
In Germany Société Générale Securities Services has about 250 employees in Munich and Frankfurt. The position is located at Société Générale Securities Services GmbH in Munich. The role is allocated to the Investment Operations department which consists of 30 employees in total divided in 3 teams.
This newly created position aims at supporting Investment Operations at various levels, closely collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
During your VIE mission you will:
- Become part of the Investment Operations department and get involved in all aspects of the daily business activities
- Get familiar with the various operational processes starting from the broker trade matching, the issuance of custodian instructions, the handling and resolution of failed trades and provide daily operational support
Instruments covered range from standard investment instruments (equities, fixed income, fund certificates) to Exchange Trade Derivatives, Foreign Exchange and OTC-Derivatives
- Act as a liaison to external parties, such as brokers and custodians, with a particular focus on French organisations
- Become involved in project activities centred around the product “CrossWise”, which is the offering of Middle Office services to national and international asset managers
- Depending on upcoming needs, you may also actively participate on other group and internal projects as well as other specific tasks relevant for Investment Operations.
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Munich is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 24 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, open to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Area.
Please see Civiweb www.civiweb.com in order to have more details regarding compensation.
- Graduate from a Business School, Engineering School, or University with a Master's Degree, preferably in a Business or Management related field.
- A specialisation in Market Finance, Economics or similar is an advantage.
- You ideally have a first work experience in the financial industry.
- You have a very good command of German and/or English and a very good command of French.
- You are proficient in using Microsoft Office applications.
Your career path
You will :
- Gain deep insight into an internationally operating organisation with national and international clients
- Gain a broad overview of the German and international securities services industry and investment instruments.
- Get trained on all operational aspects centered around the “Middle Office” activities
- Gain knowledge on project work activities when onboarding new clients
- Gain insight into the collaboration with different levels of hierarchies within the organisation in various jurisdictions (Germany, France, Luxembourg, etc.)
- Work in a learning-friendly environment
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.