Société Générale Securities Services is part of the business line Global Banking Investor Solutions of Société Générale, which is the biggest financial service provider in Europe. Société Générale Securities Services has 4,000 employees across 23 countries. It offers a full range of securities services:
- Custody & Trustee services
- Fund Administration & Asset Servicing
- Fund Distribution
- Liquidity Management
- Issuer Services
- Clearing services
In Germany Société Générale Securities Services has about 250 employees in Munich and Frankfurt. The position is located at Société Générale Securities Services GmbH in Munich within the Data & Quality Management team, which consists of 12 employees.
The Data & Quality Management team is responsible for the administration of all kind of financial data regarding instruments, deals, corporate actions, partners and funds in our core system. Based on these data, processes are setup to feed all kind of global services. Activities in the team include setup and maintenance of instruments and related data, analysis (content/process) and project work.
- Manage global master data, derivatives and OTC instruments, fund constructions and partner data
- Maintain and review instruments as well as variable data sets in our core system
- Process and optimise quality controls
- Support the processing of Corporate Actions
- Handle third party requests (e.g. from clients, auditors)
You will also actively participate in several projects relevant to the team and/or department
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Munich is to begin as soon as possible but you may plan up to 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your assignment. The assignment will last up to 24 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, open to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Area.
Please see Civiweb www.civiweb.com in order to have more details regarding compensation.
Graduate from a Business School, Engineering School, or University with a Master's Degree, for instance in a Business, Economics or data-related field.
You ideally have previous work experience within the financial industry.
You possess sound analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
You have an eye for detail.
You are able to summarise and convey complex, technical information in an appropriate way.
You are fluent in English and have some knowledge of German.
You are proficient in using Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
You ideally have some knowledge of Oracle SQL.
Your career path
You will :
- Get deep insight into a major, internationally operating organisation within the financial industry
- Gain a broad overview of the German securities services industry and instruments
- Get trained on multiple operational aspects centered around the management of data and its quality
- Deepen your knowledge on project work activities
- Become part of a supportive, welcoming and friendly atmosphere and team
- Work in a learning-friendly environment
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.