The Claims Supervisor will handle and resolve escalated disputed claims and work closely with the Head of the Department. Suggests improvements to processes and oversee the day to day activities.
What you’ll do to be Sixt-cessful:
· Manage and oversee 4 plus agents; Host a team meeting monthly to discuss department changes, procedural updates, struggles, etc
· Meet with agents individually each month to discuss quality checks/reviews, progress, and provide coaching/feedback
· Develop relationships with customers via telephone & email, investigate insurance policy coverage, interpret rental agreement information, determine fault in auto accidents and document activity on each claim to resolve as quickly and accurately as possible
· Conduct telephone interviews, corresponds with claimant and witnesses, review police and hospital records; and inspects property damage to determine extent of company's liability, varying method of investigation according to type of insurance
· Accurately gather claim information from renter, 3rd party and rental branch staff
· Notify renter of claim via e-mail, post mail and or telephone
· Handle renter disputes of damage responsibility
· Process incoming and outgoing email and post mail for claims (claim creation until billing)
· Ensure Sixt insurance carrier is aware of all possible and factual liability claims and lawsuits
· Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
What you’ll need:
· Associates degree (required), Bachelor’s degree is a plus
· Must have a minimum of 1-2 years managerial experience
· Must have good supervisory and strong communication skills
· Must have the ability to work under stressful and unusual situations in order to maintain good customer service
· Excellent work ethic; willing to take on multiple tasks
· Great attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong analytical skills
· Experience in Data Processing, Controlling, Customer Service preferred
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills required
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
· Dependable, cooperative and willing to assist others
· Knowledge of MS Office software Word and Excel
· Must be able to work 40 hours per week
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule
· Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
Why Choose Sixt?
As a global mobility service provider, SIXT is well-known for over a century of innovative products and customer-orientated services. The company’s success and dynamic growth is based on their employees’ commitment. We champion an energized work culture, development opportunities and growth potential! In addition, we offer a competitive salary and employee benefits.
More about the department
SIXT customers travel all over the world, and so the odd scratch is only to be expected. Our Damage Management teams are responsible for determining the cause of the damage and what should be done about it. This means our damage team act as an interface with SIXT branches, customers, authorities and insurance companies. Our damage team is a fundamental part of the company’s success
More about the company
Sixt Rent a Car stands for exciting mobility and customer tailored solutions. We lead with innovation, high-quality customer service, premium products and a seamless rental experience. With nearly $3 billion in revenue and a presence in over 100 countries worldwide, it is no wonder we are a global leader in the car rental industry. In the USA, we are experiencing over 30% growth for the last several years, which provides great career opportunities in the future for the right candidates. Sixt hires with a focus on service-oriented, entrepreneurial team players, who are excited about interacting with customers and colleagues from all over the world. Sixt is more than just renting cars. We have a passion for style, technology, innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.