As a Car Detailer, you are responsible for the care and maintenance of the company’s vehicles and performing maintenance checks based on vehicle requirements.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· Responsible for vacuuming and prepping the cars, shuttling cars to and from car washes and dealerships for servicing, car transports to and from offices, checking fluid levels, and changing tires
· Clean vehicle exterior by hand, brush or by operating washing equipment
· Polish, dry and clean vehicle windshields, windows, lights, mats and exterior body, by hand
· Vacuum, shampoo, add air freshener and clean vehicle interior (some stain removal may be required)
· Determine need for and add windshield fluid, gas, oil, water and antifreeze
· Perform basic maintenance checks to include: antennas, under the hood, inside the vehicle, inside the trunk, and outside vehicle (trunk to trunk)
· Verify appropriate stickers are attached to vehicle (registration, plates, etc.)
· May assist with local automobile deliveries
· Likely to require at least 5-10% travel, some of which may be by airplane
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or GED
· Must be at least 21 and have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record
· Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Ability to follow defined service and sales processes
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
· Ability to manage stressful or unusual situations to maintain good customer service
· Basic computer navigation skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
· Ability to work 40 hours per week including day and/or evening hours
· Must be willing to wear company uniforms
· Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
· Ability to communicate in other languages is a plus.
Why Choose Sixt?
As a global mobility service provider, SIXT is well-known for over a century of innovative products and customer-orientated services. The company’s success and dynamic growth is based on their employees’ commitment. We champion an energized work culture, development opportunities and growth potential! In addition, we offer a competitive salary and employee benefits.
More about the department
The operations/shops area deals with all the fields of business operations at SIXT stations. That means: You are involved in direct service for the customer and deal with strategic control of operational metrics and the rental process every day.
More about the company
Sixt has existed for over 100 years and as the first globally active mobility service provider, we show what innovative products and excellent service look like every single day. We are more than 6,000 employees across 105 countries. Do you want to get a head start for you career? Then you are in the right place. Whether it's at our headquarters in Munich, our Service Centers in Berlin and Rostock, in one of the international headquarters or in one of over 2,100 Sixt branches worldwide - we have the right position for you! To continue to be at the top, we are looking for dedicated team employees who will make Sixt better every day with heart and passion.