· Omaha, United States of America
Reporting to the operations supervisor, the security technician coordinates, manages implements, and/or performs programming for new equipment installation of commercial security systems.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success.We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed.We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes.We recognize individual and team achievements frequently.We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future?You do.Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams.We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place?Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity?If so, then we'd like to meet you!
· Provides technical customer service regarding electronic security systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
· Coordinates with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office. Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
· Responds to and carries out to completion any troubleshooting to assigned customer systems during the installation phase of the system. Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
· Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner. Makes recommendations regarding systems during installations.
· Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, or requiring further action or material.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
· Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency.
· Required experience: 3+ years of engineering / installation experience working with commercial physical security systems (access control & CCVT) —including knowledge of integration, networks, electrical concepts, and building operations, as well as the programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting of related systems.
· Required travel: 10%
· Other requirements:
· Strong customer service skills.
· Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
· Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
· Must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
· Must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 191830
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, clickhere .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2020