Description de l'offre
Locations:Olean, New York
Job Family:Research & Development
Division: Power and Gas
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 230497
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions – from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens' portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications, power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and related instrumentation and control systems. For more information, please visit:
This position is for a Rotordynamics Engineer who will be part of the Rotordynamics team in Core Technology to provide the technical expertise for rotordynamic design, analysis, and troubleshooting of D-R Products. The position reports to the manager of the Rotordynamics team and is located in Olean, NY.
· The establishment and maintenance of rules governing the rotordynamic acceptability of unit designs, the correction of rotordynamic deficiencies exhibited by existing designs, and use of technical expertise during customers interaction describing rotordynamic superiority of both design and analysis procedures, and the resulting unit designs. This includes any necessary role in establishing the functional capabilities of software used to predict rotor characteristics.
· Other duties include maintaining the capability to provide technical support for new designs, participation in Development Projects requiring Rotordynamics expertise, and providing consultation and support of Test or Field vibration problems.
· Duties include rotordynamic design, analysis, and troubleshooting of centrifugal gas compressors, gas and steam turbines and vendor purchased machinery (motors, gears, etc.).
· Master's degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
· Minimum 3 years of previous rotating industry experience
· Rotordynamics major and/or experience in rotordynamics design and evaluation of industrial turbomachinery
· Experience in both system level and component level rotordynamic design and analysis for rotating machinery and their components including bearings, squeeze film dampers, labyrinth seals and hole pattern seals.
· Ability to clearly and precisely communicate, both written and verbally, at all levels of the organization and with clients.
· Candidate should be self-motivated, well organized and able to prioritize work.
· Must have good interpersonal and presentation skills for use in working with customers, Sales, Test, Service and other Engineering personnel, as well as desire to establish/maintain credibility among both customers and those in the worldwide technical community.
· Competitive compensation.
· Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
· All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
· 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
· Education reimbursement programs available.
· Extensive product training and professional career development.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019