Description de l'offre
Locations:Wendell, North Carolina
Division: Smart Infrastructure
Business Unit: Distribution Systems
Requisition Number: 241708
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
The Smart Infrastructure DS Business Unit of Siemens located near Raleigh, NC is looking for highly qualified and energetic Engineers for our Low Voltage Motor Control Center Engineering team.
The objective of the LV MCC (Low Voltage Motor Control Center) Mechanical Engineer is to manage the technical expectations of the project amongst the stake holders involved. This consists in ensuring that the end result of the motor control center design is in accordance to the contract specifications, functionality requirements, safety requirements and the applicable technical regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
· Execute the assigned “Design to Order” tasks. This will include the development of new 3D & 2D mechanical designs required for a respective project.
· Work with the factory manufacturing team to diagnose and resolve engineering issues.
· Complete the assigned “Product Support” tasks based on identified Non-Conformances and design errors. This will include update and correction of existing assemblies that have been found defective during assembly or commissioning operations.
· Work with suppliers and internal purchasing to answer technical questions, and diagnose and resolve supplier issues.
· Manage the assigned list of materials and mechanical assemblies needed to fulfill the technical requirements of the project. Create Bills of Materials, develop new assemblies, validate functionality and release the part/assemblies to production.
· Provide feedback as needed to the Siemens LV MCC R&D team based on effectiveness of the design library and market trends where gaps in our technical offer have been identified.
· Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
· Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done with high quality and in a professional manner.
· BS in Engineering (prefer Mechanical).
· Knowledge of 3D engineering design tools (Teamcenter, Solid Edge, Creo, Solidworks, Unigraphics/NX, Catia). NX is preferred. Knowledge of 2D engineering design tools, AutoCAD preferred.
· At least 1 year experience in manufacturing, quality or test areas.
· Ability to multitask, managing large workloads and business demands.
· An ideal candidate is detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of quality.
· Less than 10% travel required
Considered a plus but not mandatory:
· Experience with MRP (Material Requirements Planning) solutions (SAP, Oracle).
· Experience in design, manufacturing or quality of Medium Voltage/Low voltage equipment.
· Experience with programming languages (visual basic, java)
· Experience with cloud based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solutions (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019