Description de l'offre
Locations:Fort Collins, Colorado
Job Family:Customer Services
Division: Gas and Power
Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 241635
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Fort Collins
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
As Field Service Engineer, you will demonstrate clear technical expertise in the operation of mechanical systems related to natural gas transmissions facilities, specifically areas of compression and power generation. Working knowledge of internal combustion engines related to exhaust emissions and performance required. Performance of duties requires selection and application of standard techniques, procedures, and engineering criteria, along with the ability to work in multi-disciplinary activities.Strong verbal and communication skills will be required to effectively represent organization in field activities and conferences.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide engineering information and technical expertise to customers and internal organization
· Interpret and evaluate mechanical systems design and associated operational characteristic
· Ability to perform detailed operational analysis of natural gas prime movers and compression equipment
· Routinely perform detailed field performance analysis of mechanical systems. Work will include optimization, troubleshooting, and developmental feasibility studies on mechanical systems
· Communicate with project teams for regular updates, reports, and customer project evaluations
· Working knowledge of measurement and monitoring instrumentation
· Ability to compile and analyze field operational and performance data
· Conduct technical training sessions for internal and external customers on varied mechanical systems
· Excellent communication skills including the ability to translate technical information into basic understanding, and the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with a diversity of people at an individual and team level
· Experienced with natural gas transmission operations
· Experienced in construction/design codes and standards
· Experienced in measurement instrumentation and field data collection
· Knowledge of internal combustion engines performance and exhaust gas emissions theory
· Knowledge of auxiliary engine systems and troubleshooting
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering/Engineering Technologies
· 3 years of related engineering experiencewith reciprocating equipment
· Proficient with MS Office suite
· Required to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, utilize various equipment and tools, and move about the job site
· Extensive travel will be required for this position (~75%)within domestic and international
· Masters Degree in Engineering/Engineering Technologies
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Gas and Power
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019