Job ID: 299738
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Mode of Employment: Permanent
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
We at Siemens Healthineers are committed to helping healthcare providers globally to succeed in today’s dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately the health of mankind.
While we are investing in engineering excellence – leading-edge medical technologies and services, we don’t stop there. We’re also investing in our 48.000 people with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in the healthcare industry.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Embedded Software Engineer (m/f) Firmware Developer in Forchheim.
If you are ambitious and change makes you thrive, join forces with us to develop the next generation of image processing systems for angiography devices.
· Youare part of a new, agile team implementing high-quality software solutions for signal processing and visualization of medical images with a real-time requirement; this software helps physicians and clinical staff to make decisions regarding therapy during treatment
· In close cooperation with both local and international colleagues from algorithm pipeline and hardware/ FPGA development, you develop multi-threaded resource manager software for Windows and/or Linux for linking different proprietary PCI Express modules; the aim is to implement high-quality hardware/ software solutions by means of suitable architecture and design measures and development methods
· Your tasks include conducting requirement analyses and developing data and function modules for complex problems, including hardware interfaces
· You develop components from specification, through implementation and testing, to system integration, taking into consideration any existing dependencies with regard to other subsystems
· You take an active interest in innovations and developments in the field of computer science and are keen to put these to use in implementing your solutions
· Your method of working is characterized by active and open communication with colleagues and interface partners from the different areas with the aim of achieving high-quality solutions
This position may suit you best, if you are keen to apply your in-depth knowledge of operating systems to exploring the use of new hardware modules for the software application.
· You have a master's degree in computer science or a related engineering discipline, or have obtained a comparable qualification
· You have several years of relevant work experience in the area of hardware-related software development for embedded systems, and offer in-depth knowledge of various operating systems such as Windows, QNX or Linux
· You are highly proficient in the use of the C++ programming language (and ideally also C#.NET and Python), and have work experience in embedded real-time system architectures (hardware/ software codesign)
· Your skills in the area of serial interfaces (Serial RapidIO, PCI Express) and field buses (preferably CAN and CANopen) and the related protocols set you apart
· Competence and practical work experience in modern software engineering methods (design patterns, clean code principles, test pyramids, etc.) and software architectures/designs (including SOA, microservices and virtualization) are desirable
· You have very good English language skills, enabling you to communicate with colleagues at all locations; German language skills would be advantageous
· At a personal level, you are an excellent communicator with strong analytical skills and a results-oriented approach underpinned by high quality standards
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, get in touch with us.
if you wish to find out more about the specific business before applying.
+49 (9131) 7-35335
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Ms. Susanne Beutner.
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens Healthineers.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.