Job ID: 293134
Organisation: Energy Management
Mode of Employment: Permanent
Is data your passion? Digging for the new oil of the 21st century motivates you – let’s get in touch
The Siemens Energy Management Division is one of the leading global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. As the trusted partner for the development and extension of an efficient and reliable power infrastructure, Energy Management offers utilities and the industry the portfolio they need. This includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid and energy automation solutions, power supply for industrial plants, and high-voltage transmission systems. Represented in more than 90 countries, this Siemens Division has nearly 53,000 employees and more than 100 production sites worldwide.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
· As a Data Scientist (m/w) you develop advanced analytics based on energy data and create the concepts for visualization.
· You are leading the development and ideas of the advanced analytics (e.g. ETL, big data, machine learning).
· You present the data analytics results to customers and management.
· You will implement prototypes and you participate creating our digitalization portfolio like grid diagnostic suite.
· You interact with internal stakeholders, sales, product lifecycle management and customers to identify data-driven business opportunities.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
· You have a degree in applied computer science, physics, statistics, electrical engineering, or similar studies.
· You have profound knowledge of agile software development methods (SCRUM, LEAN).
· You have proven experience with big data, ETL and data cleaning.
· You should be familiar with eco systems such as Hadoop, Spark, Flume or Flink and programming languages used on such systems.
· You have proven experience with data analytics workflow tools.
· You have a strong understanding of visualization concepts and tools like tableau.
· You have experience with data analytics in the cloud (e.g. AWS or HD Insight).
· You demonstrate the ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly and have fluent English and German skills.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you wish to find out more about the specific business before applying .
+49 (9131) 7-35335
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Mr. Matthias Erbach.
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.