Description de l'offre
Locations:New Kensington, Pennsylvania
Job Family:SCM-Procurement / Logistics & ECC
Division: Portfolio Companies
Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 239757
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit:http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Siemens Industry Inc. is looking for a Buyer to join their team at their facility in New Kensington, PA. In this role, the candidate will work closely with Strategic Procurement, Project Management, Manufacturing and Engineering to plan orders and purchase material/components based on customer/project needs. This person will focus on meeting assigned delivery reliability targets while managing inventory to achieve optimal inventory levels and inventory turnover targets, as well as track, monitor and expedite part shortages. This position reports to the Purchasing Manager.
Responsible for the purchasing activity for assigned direct purchase parts for both intercompany and 3rd party to support manufacturing product lines. Obtain pricing from approved supply base, issue purchase orders, resolve supply issues to meet customer demand and resolve invoicing issues. Determine source models, planning levels, inventory accuracy and maintain material master and information records in SAP.
· Executes Commodity strategies to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials.
· Contributes to implementation and ensure usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, Procurement guidelines).
· Prepares and supports negotiations to obtain highest feasible savings.
· Generates, documents and implements savings to contribute to the success of the business and make results transparent.
· Participates in Supplier Management processes (e.g. qualification, selection, evaluation, development, classification).
· Supplier relationship management
· Ensures a close cooperation with Internal Customers to ensure customer care and early involvement.
· Provides supplier information to internal business partners
· Support planning and coordination of new product introduction or product changes
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments. Successfully applies moderately complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
· BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum 3 years' experience or equivalent education in related field (i.e. Supply Chain)
· Ability to manage the efficient supply of special and custom design components
· Lean process focus
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Must possess excellent communication skills – written, oral and presentation
· A Team Player that can take the lead and guide peer departments and functions
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS in Supply Chain Management Preferred
· 3+ years' experience in related field
· Proficient in SAP
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019