Description de l'offre
Job ID: 299614
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Mode of Employment: Permanent
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
We at Siemens Healthineers are committed to helping healthcare providers globally to succeed in today’s dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately the health of mankind.
While we are investing in engineering excellence – leading-edge medical technologies and services, we don’t stop there. We’re also investing in our 48.000 people with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in the healthcare industry.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Bioinformatics / Biostatistics Scientist (m/f) for R&D for Medical Diagnostics in Erlangen.
If you are ambitious and change makes you thrive, go new ways in medical diagnostics with us.
· You will develop and implement clinical biomarkers for diagnostic applications in medicine
· You will identify molecular disease mechanisms and correlate them with clinical data
· In the context of specific diseases you will analyze data from the omics' fields e.g. genomics, metabolomics, transcriptomics and other omics modalities and use them to create novel disease models for diagnostic purposes
· You identify, develop and implement bioinformatic and biostatistical methods and develop new approaches for a better understanding of diseases and their individualized diagnosis and therapy
· You integrate these approaches into workflows, databases and decision-supporting systems
This position may suit you best, if you have sound knowledge in the fields of bioinformatics and biostatistics.
· You have successfully completed your studies in bioinformatics, biostatistics, systems biology or a comparable field of study. Preferably, you have a doctorate in one of the areas above
· You have already worked with biological high-throughput data (Next Generation Sequencing, DNA Microarrays etc.). Experience in the analysis of RNA and DNA sequencing and metabolomics data is desirable
· You have several years of relevant professional experience in data analysis in a clinical environment and have already gained experience in the integration and modelling of this data in the clinical context
· You have experience in programming R, Python or Java and know how to implement databases. Furthermore, you have already worked intensively with knowledge databases
· You have an entrepreneurial spirit and a good understanding of business contexts and markets - ideally with initial experience in an industrial environment
· Good German and business fluent English skills round off your profile
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, get in touch with us.
if you wish to find out more about the specific business before applying.
+49 (9131) 7-35335
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Ms. Ilonka Schönemann.
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens Healthineers.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.