Description de l'offre
Job ID: 299748
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Mode of Employment: Permanent
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
We at Siemens Healthineers are committed to helping healthcare providers globally to succeed in today’s dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately the health of mankind.
While we are investing in engineering excellence – leading-edge medical technologies and services, we don’t stop there. We’re also investing in our 48.000 people with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in the healthcare industry.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Bioinformatics / Biostatistics Scientist (m/f) in Köln.
If you are ambitious and change makes you thrive, then support us with your data analysis skillsfor different research projects.
NEO New Oncology GmbH – a Siemens Healthineers Company – is a dynamically growing diagnostics company offering products for molecular diagnostics to identify optimal treatment options for cancer patients. Our technology platform “NEO” is based on next generation sequencing and proprietary computer algorithms. NEO reliably identifies therapy-relevant genetic alterations from standard clinical material such as FFPE specimens and liquid biopsies with short turnaround times and highest accuracy.
· As a Bioinformatics/ Biostatistics Scientist you are responsible for the processing and interpretation of large data sets generated by our NGS team
· You perform statistical data analysis for research projects
· You present the results of statistical analyses in internal meetings
· You are responsible for the technical documentation of methods and results according to industry standards (e.g. ISO 62304, GAMP, etc.)
· You support data mining and analysis for the optimization of diagnostic routine protocols, as well as in enhancing NEO assays performance
This position may suit you best, if you are interested in contributing in developing cutting-edge technology for personalized cancer therapies.
· You hold a university degree (Bachelor/Master)in Statistics, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Computer Science or in other related scientific disciplines (or equivalent experience in an enterprise environment)
· You bring relevant work experience and you have a very strong background in statistics as well as strong programming and computing skills
· You have experience with Bash, Python and R programming languages
· You bring experience in NGS statistical data analysis and a good understanding of Git and other software tools for code maintenance
· Good scientific understanding of cancer genetics and genomics is considered a plus
· You have excellent presentation skills and the ability to work in a team
· Fluent English skills (both verbal and written) round off your profile
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, get in touch with us.
if you wish to find out more about the specific business before applying.
+49 (9131) 7-35335
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Ms. Ilonka Schönemann.
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens Healthineers.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.