East Walpole, Massachusetts
· Research & Development
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 234953
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world's largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers' needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit:http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Biochemist 1 - International Project
Exciting Biochemist 1 opportunity in the Walpole Technical Operations for the China manufacturing project to be part of a team focused on driving a variety of technical studies related to raw material changes in ADVIA Centaur and Atellica IM Systems assays to completion. The position will also participate in the training of Siemens Healthineers colleagues based in China who will carry out Technical Operation job functions and responsibilities. In addition, this position will support the China Technical Operations group to investigate and troubleshoot pilot manufacturing issues.
· Performs technical studies including feasibility, characterization, verification, and validation studies related to raw material changes in immunoassays as required by the China manufacturing project.
· Prepares reagents and works in the laboratory running ADVIA Centaur and Atellica IM Systems instrumentation with serum and other biological fluids of human and animal origin.
· Participates in planning and designing of technical studies, developing and writing protocol / reports to meet the established timelines.
· Coordinates and performs data analysis, summarize testing results, and present studies in cross-functional teams.
· Contributes to developing material replacement strategies while participating in design change control process.
· Participates in investigating manufacturing issues to support manufacturing processes in China manufacturing plant, and to support regulatory submissions.
· Trains Siemens Healthineers colleagues based in China who will support the China Technical Operations group to investigate manufacturing issues.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS or MS in Medical Technology, Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Life Science or related fields.
· 3+ Years job related experience.
· Ideal candidate should have strong knowledge of immunoassay reagents and statistical analysis.
· High attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
· Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to quickly change priorities to meet business needs.
· Strong work ethic and be highly motivated to work independently with high energy.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites, SAP and statistics software (Minitab).
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Advanced degrees preferred.
· Knowledge and experience in IVD product registration.
· Strong background and experience with immunoassays, including automated immunoassay analyzers, ELISA and chemiluminescent technology.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019