Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Art der Anstellung: Befristet
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
We at Siemens Healthineers are committed to helping healthcare providers globally to succeed in today’s dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately the health of mankind.
While we are investing in engineering excellence – leading-edge medical technologies and services, we don’t stop there. We’re also investing in our 48.000 people with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in the healthcare industry.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers for Bachelor- / Master Thesis: Designing and evaluate an Complex Event Processing Environment in Erlangen.
If you are ambitious and change makes you thrive, help us setting up an environment for evaluation the business value of Complex Event Processing technologies.
In our used case we have a high number of sensor data which we want to correlate, evaluate and based on defined rules trigger actions. This includes the following tasks:
· Identify our current & future businesses needs: Understand of what our organization is and show a 'big picture':
· What we have / what we do not have
· Where we want to be
· What we need to get there
· Design a solution with the use of up-to-date technologies: How can our business needs be fulfilled? What is the best way to design our infrastructures and what of the shelf, open source software products can make our life easy? We prefer using best-practice and want to avoid reinventing the wheel.
· Data processing and storage
· After our sensors deliver the raw data, we have to analyze, process and store the data. As the sensor data comes from multiple sources, it is critical to homogenized it so all data can be linked and set in relation (Data Fusion). What is the best way to achieve this goal?
· Rule definition and data processing
· Core of the project is the way this data will be analyzed and the resulting actions triggered. The definition of these business rules need to be done in an easy way and include the influence of non-technical business-data like contract information. The output/result of this rules will be the creation of an Event/Alert. The basis of why the Event/Alert was created always needs to be transparent and comprehensible. Is there even a way we can benefit from machine learning (and artificial intelligence) for pattern detection and automatic definition of new rules?
· Setup a prove of concept: We have already one 'used case' which we would like to use as a prove of concept for the designed solution and potentials of the 'Complex Event Processing' technologies. This prove of concept has to be implemented as part of this work.
· The result of this work should include: Evaluation of the potentials values of Complex Event Processing.
· How can our business benefit from the technology
· Potential improvement of existing services
· Show the potentials for new services
· Maintenance and operation benefits
This position may suit you best, if machine learning and artificial intelligence is your passion.
· You are Master or Bachelor student of a technical field
· You have a very good knowledge of Data Management
· Data collection
· Data processing (e.g. Apache Spark)
· Data Storage (e.g. Hadoop)
· Event Processing
· You possess experiences with the usage of Complex Event Processing technologies (e.g. drools)
· Moreover you have knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and of Machine Learning (e.g. MLlib, Spark’s Machine Learning)
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, get in touch with us.
if you wish to find out more about the specific business before applying.
+49 (9131) 7-35335
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Ms. Silvia Hitter.
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Siemens est un groupe d’origine allemande créé en 1847 et présent depuis maintenant plus de 160 ans en France. Spécialisé dans la haute technologie, Siemens est présent dans plusieurs secteurs d’activité : l’industrie (automatismes, systèmes d’entraînement, équipements), l’énergie (éolien, production et transport d’électricité), la santé (imagerie et biologie médicale), les infrastructures urbaines (mobilité, logistique, gestion énergétique des bâtiments) et les services financiers (crédit-bail, solutions de financement de projets complexes), ainsi que dans l’électroménager.
En France, Siemens compte 7000 collaborateurs, répartis sur 7 sites industriels et 9 centres de recherche et développement. Siemens France a réalisé en 2013 un chiffre d’affaires de 2,1 milliads d’euros. Près d’un tiers a été enregistré à l’export. Qu’il s’agisse du domaine de l’ingénierie, du commerce, de la R&D ou encore de la production, Siemens propose de nombreuses offres aux jeunes diplômés, et notamment un Graduate Program.