New Kensington, Pennsylvania
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 243358
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Other
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit:http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Assembly & Test Supervisor - 2nd Shift
The Assembly & Test Supervisor will direct the safe and timely completion of daily assembly, testing, and delivery activities by leading a production team. This position is also responsible for leading process continual improvements to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives within the Shop Floor Management (SFM) framework.
• Directs the completion of projects within production.
• Assists with routine product manufacturing to ensure that cost effectiveness, manufacturability, quality, and safety requirements are attainable in the production process.
• Assists in ensuring accuracy and availability of routine procedures to support product modifications and assembly.
• Reports to the Manufacturing Manager.
• Supervises a small team of hourly associates.
The Assembly & Test Supervisors lead the day-to-day functions including safely executing the production plan to meet quality standards and delivery times. The supervisor is the main contact for problem solving and continuous improvement activities to be implemented on the shop floor and in training and coaching of associates as needed.
Also responsible for:
• Monitoring work hours, manpower, work assignments including test dates and expediting material.
• Releasing, rescheduling and closing of process work orders including traceability.
• Providing leadership and motivation to hourly team members to generate ideas and implement solutions.
• Providing regular performance feedback to hourly team members.
• Executing promotional recommendations as well as disciplinary actions as required.
• Provides resource needs and suggests justification to Manufacturing Manager.
• Troubleshoots and resolves semi-complex problems
• Leveraging the Test Team Leaders as necessary to ensure safe, effective testing operations.
• Communicating with team and other functions to solve problems in a standardized way.
• Continual monitoring and auditing of standardized work processes and documenting deviations for issue resolution or escalation.
• Providing leadership and technical support to team members.
• Ensuring all procedures and processes are followed when assembling and testing products.
• Directing team in preparing equipment for customer witness testing products.
• Identifying and eliminating waste using Siemens Production System methods.
• Leading daily Gemba Meetings to communicate status, problems, escalations, and recovery plans.
• Ensuring safe work area.
• Assisting Manufacturing Manager in identifying training needs and performing training and coaching for team members.
• May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Minimum of (3) three years of production supervision in assembly and/or test function
• Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
• Ability to lead in a team environment
• Experience leading small teams and/or projects
• Basic Experience with Siemens Production System or equivalent Lean Manufacturing experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Ability to work overtime and flexible hours
• Computer skills required including Microsoft Office, (ability to learn SAP and Team Center)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Associates Degree in Electro-Mechanical Technology or equivalent preferred
• (5+) five plus years of production supervision in assembly and/or test function
• Advanced Experience with Siemens Production System or equivalent Lean Manufacturing experience
• SAP and Team Center experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019