Smart Space is an innovative and fast-growing Line of Business in Ecobuilding division and providing cutting-edge IoT solutions & products. We provide intelligent interfaces between humans & buildings to bring Comfort, Safety & Efficiency to our customer's lives.
You will be part of the testlab & cerification team who works mainly for the Ecobuilding division but also as shared service for the Retail division. The testlab is listed as official Customer Testing Facility of the VDE.
As a Test Technician m/f, you will perform and document tests from the very early development accompanying tests of prototypes until the final conformity test with production samples.
Join our team and significantly be involved in the success of Schneider Electric through your work and personality!
Your field of work - diverse
· Performing development accompanying tests, conformity test of for example mechanical switches, socket outlet, installation boxes
· Evaluation and analyzing of test results
· Sustainable documentation of test results
· Building special test setups to perform special, not normative test accordingly our customer needs
· Coordinating the own tasks
· Further development of the testlab itself
· Supporting the further development of standards (IEC, EN, DIN, VDE)
Your profile - qualified
· Trained and certified technician with specialization in the area of
· Electrical Engineering
· Measurement and testing technology
· Field experience is an advantage
· Knowledge of the relevant standards (for example IEC/EN60669-1, IEC/EN60669-2-1, IEC60884-1, VDE0620-1, IEC/EN60670-1/-22) is an advantage
· Material expert knowledge is an advantage
· Ability to master complex situations, strong team player, assertiveness, solution oriented
· Ability to work in an international and multi-sites environment and cross cultural and cross-organization context incl. willingness to travel
· Open and supportive to changes, good communication and coordination skills
· Good in English (spoken & written), German is an advantage
· Good in MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
Our offer - appealing
· diversified workplace with a great deal of personal responsibility
· flexible working conditions for a good work-family balance
· attractive future perspectives within the company, even international
· optimal support for your career path due to regular training courses
· highly motivated team and a good working atmosphere
· attractive salary and benefits of an international company (for example, company pension, employee offers and share packages)
· throughout Germany colleagues from over 20 nations – appreciation and equal opportunities
· working in a Green Company – advocating for sustainability and energy efficiency
Then we are looking forward to receiving your application for employment - best via our online application portal. For the application procedure we require:
· Your detailed resume – also in English
· Your salary expectations and date of availability
· Our Job-ID 004PLU
· Any further documents such as correspondence, credentials, etc. will be appreciated.
Our contact details:
Mr. Pascal Seipold
Phone: for questions concerning the application procedure
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Meet your potential new colleagues in the Schneider blog and look behind the scenes http://blog.schneider-electric.de
Visit us online and learn more about Schneider Electric www.schneider-electric.de/jobs