Scalian is a leading Engineering and Business Improvement consultancy with offices across Western Europe. The group employs 2500 people worldwide. We are currently undergoing rapid expansion internationally and are looking for new talent to join us at all levels of the business.
We combine Business Improvement & Quality, Supply Chain and Industrial performance management, Systems & Software Engineering and Project Management expertise to provide our clients with exceptional support for their operational requirements.
Our experts help our clients to manage the development of their products and to optimise the efficiency of their business. We have expertise in a range of safety-critical sectors from aerospace, rail and nuclear to the faster-moving automotive and telecoms industries.
Our consultants benefit from a culture of opportunity and trust which sets us apart from our competitors. We actively support all our staff with dedicated training plans and a commitment to supporting them throughout their career with us. Opportunities for progression are clear and we encourage our consultants to try new things such as working in other sectors or in a new country.
Working closely with the European Vice President and the local Business Managers and with the full support of the group’s back office functions, you will be responsible for the development of the North Germany business. From day to day management of the existing team of consultants to taking sole responsibility for the sales activities, this is an interesting and varied role. Our parent company is firmly committed to its expansion in Germany and a dedicated team of technical and commercial experts is on hand to provide you with support for your future business development.
Typical Tasks include
- Business Development
o Sales activity and client prospection
o Responding to calls for tender
o Negotiating commercial terms and conditions
o Overall responsibility for the recruitment of new consultants / engineers with the help of a dedicated recruitment team
o Providing relocation assistance to new international arrivals from within the group.
- Team Management
o Taking part of the consultants’ management and day-to-day follow-up
Qualifications and skills
- Dynamic, self-starter with the ability to work on your own initiative, you bring either a business or an engineering background
- You love developing business and creating long-term relationships with your customers
- Desirable experience of working with big worldwide companies
- Very good spoken and written level in English and German – both languages are necessary
- Experience in the aerospace, rail or similar safety-critical industry would be an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of quality, systems or software engineering domains
- Previous recruitment experience
- Previous man management experience
- Experience of working with international teams