Sanofi is a global life sciences company committed to improving access to healthcare and supporting the people we serve throughout the continuum of care. From prevention to treatment, Sanofi transforms scientific innovation into healthcare solutions, in human vaccines, rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, diabetes and cardiovascular solutions and consumer healthcare. More than 110,000 people at Sanofi are dedicated to make a difference in patients’ daily life, wherever they live and enable them to enjoy a healthier life.
Program SaVIE (VIE of Sanofi) is available to citizens of the European Economic Area (EU + Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) aged between 18 and 28.
PLEASE NOTE that since the VIE Program is primarily an international development program, candidates cannot apply to a VIE assignment in their own country of citizenship.
PLEASE NOTE that applications that are only submitted in French cannot be considered by our non-French speaking partners at Sanofi worldwide. Therefore, only applications that are submitted in English will be considered.
We are looking for a candidate for a VIE mission of:
Cell Therapy Lab Associate
- VIE Contract (W/M)
Stem cell biology lab of Dr. Ivashchenko in the Islet Biology cluster of the Diabetes R&D is looking for a bachelors or masters-level student with some experience in molecular biology and interest in studying stem cell biology and diabetes. Our lab focuses on induced pluripotent stem cell differentiation to pancreatic lineages. In the context of this work we use all the basic Tissue Culture and molecular biology techniques, in addition, DNAseq, proteomics, FACS, CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing, viral transduction, phenotypic high content screening and others.
Depending on the interests of the successful candidate a focus in any of these areas is possible. Candidates with background in bioinformatics or statistics who are interested in learning some molecular biology techniques while utilizing their background are encouraged to apply.
There will be many opportunities to present research at internal meetings, some ability to participate in collaborative projects with academic partners, and to publish.
The successful candidate will have a curious and independent nature, love of learning and the ability to quickly pick up new areas of expertise. At the end of this experience, the VIE student will have a working understanding of cutting-edge science and pharmaceutic industry drug discovery process:
- Working with human induced pluripotent stem cells
- Using powerful technologies such as RNAseq, High Content Screening platforms, and CRISPR/CAS9 gene editing
- Learning to perform imaging analysis
- Investigating 3D imaging analysis
- Candidates with informatics background will work with large data sets, analyze ‘omics’ experiments
- Physiology / biology / informatics / ioinformatics / statistics / mathematics / physics / data background
- Experience in working with any kind of mammalian tissue culture
- Experience in working with and analysing big data sets would be a plus
- Experience in Spotfire, IPA, MetaCore, ChAS, Array Studio, Cluster, TreeView, publically available applications for GenEx analysis would be a plus
- Curiosity about biology
- Diligent, detail-oriented and likes organizing things
- Attention to detail, willingness to learn
- Fluent in English