Sanofi is a global life sciences company committed to improving access to healthcare and supporting the people we serve throughout the continuum of care. From prevention to treatment, Sanofi transforms scientific innovation into healthcare solutions, in human vaccines, rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, diabetes and cardiovascular solutions and consumer healthcare. More than 110,000 people at Sanofi are dedicated to make a difference in patients’ daily life, wherever they live and enable them to enjoy a healthier life.
iMove, the Sanofi VIE Program, is available to citizens of the European Economic Area (EU + Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) aged between 18 and 28.
PLEASE NOTE that since this program is primarily an international development program, candidates cannot apply to a VIE assignment in their own country of citizenship.
PLEASE NOTE that applications that are only submitted in French cannot be considered by our non-French speaking partners at Sanofi worldwide.
Therefore, only applications that are submitted in English will be considered.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and is embedded in our Core Values. We respect the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our employees, patients and customers.
We are looking for a candidate for a VIE mission of:
Bioprocess Operations Support for R&D
- VIE Contract (W/M)
- Preparation and implementation of validation related activities and documentation for BRD (Bioprocess Reseach and Development) cGMP (Good Manufactoring Practices) equipment, utilities and facilities
- Contributing to the satisfactory compliance of BRD towards cGMP and other regulatory agency requirements
- Contributing to BRD's efforts towards continuous improvement, implementation of new technologies, initiatives and equipment
- Interacting with stakeholders and serving as a validation resource to BRD
- Working directly or indirectly together with 3-5 team members locally on the Toronto site to provide support to validation projects and activities
- Executing work assignments, contributing to resolution of problems and helping to monitor progress to ensure completion
- Meeting regularly with stakeholders and management to share information; executing work plans, drafting and revising data summaries and reports
- Following global & local policies and procedures for compliant performance of assigned tasks within the validation team of BRD’s Operations & Support platform (erroneous decisions are usually detected upon review and may be rectified with moderately to highly significant cost and effort)
- Satisfactory completion of assigned activities by functioning in a highly dynamic and interactive environment
- Team strategy and decision making: supporting and contributing to the development of team strategy and tactics to achieve goals and objectives as required (decisions are based on multiple sources that may require further investigation or interpretation)
- Training and development: maintaining training in assigned courses in order to perform duties as per Sanofi Pasteur requirements and in a safe and effective manner
- HSE (Health Safety and Environment): contributing to development and oversight of platform PASS objectives and compliance with policies and procedures; promoting establishment of a safe and healthy work environment
- Education: Master degree in Pharma or relevant field; pharma background is appreciated
- Experience: at least 1 year of relevant professional experience; good manufacturing practices knowledge; good overall background in life sciences
- Soft skills: ability to contribute to project teams through both personal and team achievements is critical; ability to keep current with the changing landscape regarding health regulatory agency standards and expectations, industry standards and practices, as well as novel technologies and access their impact upon BRD; communication skills at business level to interact with other stakeholders such as quality operations, other parts of BRD, QC (Quality Control) testing labs, facilities maintenance group; great team player; good listener; eager to learn; self-motivated and reliable
- IT tools: MS Office; knowledge of computer programs that are used to generate and summarize data and help with reports
- Languages: English and French both verbal and written at business/fluent level