Description de l'offre
927 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2017. 200 projects currently in clinical development. 16 major approvals last year alone. These are achievements we’re incredibly proud of, but in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
The Retina Franchise is looking for highly energized, passionate talent to join what we anticipate will be one of the most impactful launches in the Novartis ophthalmology portfolio.
Do you want to be part of building and launching a brand from scratch in a dynamic retina marketplace? How about bringing a brand to market with the potential to impact millions of patients every year?
The Retina Sales Specialist (RSS) is accountable for implementing and executing the Retina product(s) sales strategies and owning and managing the relationship with assigned retina accounts in order to appropriately educate, promote and sell Retina products by keeping customers up to date with the latest information and educating customers on the clinical efficacy and safety information of assigned products. The Retina Sales Specialist will conduct total office calls including providing samples, vouchers, educational and promotional resources and support for marketing channel campaigns while adhering to all applicable laws, regulations, and Novartis policies. The RSS will execute these activities in their assigned territories with engagements with appropriate Health Care Providers (HCP’s) and the office staff personnel.
The Retina Sales Specialist will be responsible for educating the physician(s) and staff on retina product treatments, administration and adherence management to minimize any potential barriers affecting adoption of retina products in a compliant manner. The RSS will be accountable for maintaining relationships with practice management, as appropriate.
The Retina Sales Specialist will;
• Serves as an expert on the on-label clinical data and information for the assigned product portfolio
• Builds and develops professional relationships with (but not limited to) key providers, including Retina Specialists, practice management stakeholders and office staff within assigned territory and target list
• Drives appropriate sales and utilization of approved products
• Works closely with offices to ensure access to sample ordering, copay assistance for eligible patients with commercial insurance
• Leverages expertise and knowledge of the marketplace, disease state, buy and bill reimbursement pathway, applicable competitors, industry and cross-functional activities/plans to anticipate and effectively manage and capitalize on business opportunities and address & overcome challenges
• Provides relevant, thoughtful input to other commercial colleagues (e.g. field-based roles within the franchise) in regards to strategic and tactical planning for accounts within the assigned territory, area, and region
• Develops and implements effective customer specific territory plans. Communicates insights to internal stakeholders.
• Prioritizes time and effort to ensure optimal coverage of appropriate physician specialists based on opportunity and potential
• Understands the assigned customers’ product and business needs and works to meet those needs while adhering to all of Novartis company ethics and compliance standards
The territory covers Detroit, Ann Arbor, Jackson, Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, Holland, Midland, Lansing, Flint.
This is a remote role
Retina Sales Specialist - Detroit, MI - Remote
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus.
• Fluent English, excellent communication skills
• Internal: Novartis sales associate with experience in pharma/biotech sales
• External: Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical sales Proven track record of consistent high performance
• Demonstrated success working within cross functional teams
• Candidate must be digital and tech savvy
• Candidate must be properly licensed and able to safely operate and drive an automobile in order to perform field calls on customers; must have a driving record deemed safe by the Company.
• Ability to travel, including overnight travel, is a fundamental requirement for the job.
• Clinical knowledge of anti-VEGF medicines used for the treatment of wAMD and other chorio-retinal vascular diseases
• Knowledge of Retina practice dynamics
• Ability to become imaging certified with a focus on OCT
• Understanding of market access and buy and bill markets and reimbursement
• Demonstrated effective decision making, problem-solving and strategic thinking
• Product launch experience
• Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally within a matrix environment
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical and computer capabilities
• Ability to influence without formal authority in a matrix environment
Competitive salary, annual bonus, participation in our stock program (band eligibility), health insurance, 401K, defined contribution program, 21 days of vacation and personal time, 12 company paid holidays, flexible working arrangements and so much more..... Find out more about Novartis at www.novartis.com/careers.
Why consider Novartis ?:
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
US GEN MED
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.