Translational Medicine Leader Oncology in Pharma Research and Early Development (m/f)
The Translational Medicine Leader (TML) Oncology is a core member of the well-established Oncology Translational Medicine Group. The TML leads the exploratory medicine strategy for early oncology drug assets. He/She is the key medical expert on the Global Project Team and ensures alignment of the development strategy with the overall Roche/GNE disease area strategy. Furthermore the TML owns and drives the exploration of clinical-translation data to design the clinical development strategy for new compounds (both small and large molecules). A TML also shapes the hypotheses to be tested clinical experiments.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
· You are the medical lead and single point of contact for all medical questions in the exploratory phase of early oncology drug development (including Phase 2)
· You lead the Clinical Expert Team (CET) and will represent the CET in the Global Project Team
· We ask you to represent the main interface between Oncology Translational Medicine and (1) Oncology Discovery, (2) Clinical Operations, and (3) Business, for project-related activities
· Working closely with the Biomarker Experimental Medicine Leader to develop biomarker strategies also belongs to your tasks
· You support target and clinical candidate selection. Furthermore you are accountable for the design and the clinical and scientific content of experimental medicine studies to evaluate and validate targets.
· We ask you to propose, establish, assess and lead external collaborations to address strategic and tactical needs
· You assure GCP, Clinical Operating Guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures are followed, and you are responsible for safety management (jointly with Drug Safety)
· You support protocol development for experimental medicine and clinical pharmacology studies
· Potentially you will have line management responsibility for clinical scientists and clinical science specialists
· In any case the responsibility for budget and manpower planning, performance management and personal development of reports is one of your tasks
Who you are:
· You hold an MD with a minimum of 5 years clinical practice experience in Oncology/Hematology/Immunology. An MD is mandatory.
· Furthermore you have a mandatory minimum of 3 years' experience in a pharmaceutical and/or biotech environment
· You have a proven record of scientific achievement with significant experience in drug development documented by presentations and publications in peer reviewed journals
· We can trust in your ability to independently develop the clinical strategy for exploratory development
· As an experienced matrix leader and decision maker you have strong leadership skills to influence and motivate teams
· You have an understanding of contemporary translational research tools, including imaging, biomarkers and an understanding of unmet medical needs in oncology. In this context, you also have the ability to think beyond current paradigms of care.
· You have demonstrated early development expertise in oncology, e.g., as Principal Investigator or you have direct experience with early clinical development including protocol development, IND preparation, health authority interactions, etc.
· Analytical thinking and a high level of business awareness is natural to you
· You have effective communication and presentation skills with different stakeholders in a matrix setting and the ability to influence others
· We can trust in your excellent planning, organizational and leadership skills and you are fluent in English
The preferred location for this position is Penzberg but can be located also in Basel, Zurich or New York. Please indicate your location of choice in your motivation letter.
Whom to contact
E. Hallermayer-Jahreiß +498856/60 19253
For technical questions, you can use our FAQ
Should you have recruiting specific questions on your application or the specific job posting, please contact the responsible recruiter (E. Hallermayer-Jahreiß, +498856/60 19253).
For a complete application please add an updated CV, a motivational letter specific to the position and all relevant certificates. Please consider that after submission you won't be able to add any further documents.
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > ResearchBasel Headquarter, New York, Penzberg, Zurich
· Who we are
With more than 12,000 employees Roche Diagnostics GmbH (RDG) represents the third largest site within Roche. Apart from the two sales organizations in Germany (Roche Pharma AG and Roche Diagnostics Deutschland) RDG is focused on the operative business. At the two sites in Mannheim and Penzberg new diagnostic tests and pharmaceutical active ingredients are developed and produced for the global market.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.