This position is placed in the Pathology department in Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED). Our group creates digital platforms for automated analysis of tissue samples (using image analysis, machine learning, spatial data analysis) to support the clinical teams on pharma related decisions. We are looking for students with expertise in image processing, programing and cancer biology for evaluation and implementation of image registration techniques applied to histological samples.
During the internship your tasks will include:
· Performance evaluation of different image registration tools available in our lab on a set of IHC stainings
· Assessment and implementation of new techniques for image registration of consecutive tissue sections
· Implementation of a standardized workflow for routine assessment of registration performance, to be integrated in our already in place image analysis processes
As an intern within the Pathology department you will have the chance to interact with a multicultural team of pathologists, clinical and imaging scientists and lab technicians.
Who you are:
You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Because we know that employees are critical to our success in bringing novel solutions to patients, we are dedicated to remaining a great place to work and to providing employees with programs, services and benefits that allow them to bring the best to the business and to their personal lives.
· Student (m/f) in a Computer Vision, Biomedical Engineering or related field degree
· Interest in image processing
· Knowledge of Matlab and/or C++
· Good level of spoken and written English
· Experience in image registration is preferred
· Domain knowledge in oncology and tissue biomarkers would be a plus
· Communicative and interested in working in a multicultural and interdisciplinary team
Your job application:
The preferred start date of this internship is January 2019 or upon availability and will last 6 months. Associated Master thesis is a possibility, but not a must.
Along with your English CV/resume, please provide a cover letter with the reasons why you would like to be an intern at Roche and clearly indicate your preferred starting date.
This offer is exclusively for students with ongoing enrollment (not suitable as a career entry).
We look forward to your application!
Do you have any questions? Get in touch:
E. Moosmang +49 8856/60 2567
· Who we are
Die Roche Diagnostics GmbH (RDG) ist mit mehr als 12.000 Mitarbeitern der drittgrößte Standort im Konzern. Neben den Vertriebsorganisationen in Deutschland (Roche Pharma AG und Roche Diagnostics Deutschland) fokussiert die RDG auf das operative Geschäft. In den beiden Standorten Mannheim und Penzberg werden neue diagnostische Tests und pharmazeutische Wirkstoffe für den weltweiten Markt entwickelt und produziert.
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, der die Chancengleichheit fördert.