For the successful development of new bio-therapeutic drugs, it is vitally important to understand and control their in-vivo fate, i.e. the way in which such drugs distribute in the body and how quickly they reach their desired site of action, e.g. a tumor. As a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Large Molecule Research organization in Penzberg you will explore the molecular basis for tumor penetration of therapeutic proteins. You will achieve this goal by using a combination of biochemical and biophysical, as well as cellular and microscopic approaches in close collaboration with the respective departments and with your academic mentor.
Specifically, your work will focus on the following aspects:
· You will design and generate variants of proteins to modulate their properties in a systematic manner using our state of the art in-silico, molecular biology and expression/purification and characterization facilities
· Furthermore, we ask you to develop new biochemical, cellular and microscopy-based assays to study molecular features which are relevant for biodistribution and tumor penetration
· In addition, it will be one of your tasks to collaborate with the non-clinical safety group to verify the in-vitro results in in-vivo models
· An aim of this postdoc project is the establishment of a structure- biodistribution relationship and the implementation of predictive assays in the lead generation process
· We provide you with the chance to publish novel scientific results in a peer-reviewed journal and/or on scientific conferences also belongs to your tasks
Who you are:
· Are you a passionate supporter of engaged scientific teams and you love working in an international and interdisciplinary research environment? Are you willing to learn and to explore new fields? Then you are the right person to apply for this position.
· As basic requirement you hold a PhD in biochemistry, biology or a related field
· Your area of expertise is protein biochemistry as well as the field of biophysical characterization of proteins
· In this context, you have excellent capabilities in one or more of the following fields: protein engineering using computational tools, state-of-the-art microscopy techniques, tumor- or cell biology
· Experience in pharmacokinetics and/or drug metabolism is a plus, which we appreciate very much
· Excellent English skills are a matter of course to you. German is not mandatory, but we support your effort in learning it.
· You are well-known for your open personality and your effective interpersonal skills
· Working in a team is natural to you and you love fruitful scientific discussions
· Flexibility and the capability to work independently belong to your personal strengths
· Highly advanced planning and organization skills complete your balanced profile
This position is funded by the Roche PostDoc fellowship and is fixed-termed to 2 years.
We are looking forward to your application!
Whom to contact
E. Hallermayer-Jahreiß +498856/60 19253
For technical questions, you can use our FAQ. Should you have recruiting specific questions
on your application or the specific job posting, please contact the responsible recruiter
(E. Hallermayer-Jahreiß, +498856/60 19253).
For a complete application please add an updated CV, a motivational letter specific to the position and all relevant certificates. Please consider that after submission you won't be able to add any further documents.
· Who we are
Die Roche Diagnostics GmbH (RDG) ist mit mehr als 12.000 Mitarbeitern der drittgrößte Standort im Konzern. Neben den Vertriebsorganisationen in Deutschland (Roche Pharma AG und Roche Diagnostics Deutschland) fokussiert die RDG auf das operative Geschäft. In den beiden Standorten Mannheim und Penzberg werden neue diagnostische Tests und pharmazeutische Wirkstoffe für den weltweiten Markt entwickelt und produziert.
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, der die Chancengleichheit fördert.