Large Molecule Research (LMR) is the technological unit within Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) that discovers, designs, develops & delivers protein-based medicines that cure diseases and save lives. LMR is generating new therapeutic proteins according to a specific target compound profile, optimizes the identified lead series and develops a suited clinical lead candidate up to phase I trials. As an intern in LMR unit at the Roche Innovation Center Munich, you would be responsible for creating a database for biochemical data.
· You are responsible to create and populate a database
· You will support the analysis of biochemical data used for molecular assessment
· The job will entail performing analysis of scientific data using statistical approaches
· You will explore innovative ways of automating data analysis
· Furthermore, you will collect methodically user requirements and look for significant correlations within the dataset
· You will manage and support maintenance activities of the database
You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
· You are a person who takes initiative courageously and creatively. You are open to new ideas and challenge conventional paradigms.
· You are pursuing a Master's degree in in bioinformatics with an affinity and for protein-chemistry and analytics
· Having gained practical knowledge in generating, handling and processing databases in a scientific environment is a plus
· Good documentation, data analysis and visualization skills are a must as well as a systematic approach to problem solving.
· Knowledge or interest protein based therapeutics would be advantageous
· You are self-motivated and able to familiarize yourself quickly with new applications and software systems.
· You have excellent communication skills and you are interested to work in a team as well as in an international environment.
· You prefer to work in an interdisciplinary manner and to work in new fields.
· Very good English skills, written and spoken complete your profile.
Start, as soon as possible for a total of 3 to 6 months as agreed. This position is an internship position, a Bachelor-/Master Thesis after conclusion is not foreseen. A certificate of matriculation for the length of the internship is required. We are looking forward to receive your complete application document including cover letter, CV, school certificates and performance record.
Get in touch
+49 8856/60 3556
For technical questions, you can use our FAQ.
Should you have recruiting specific questions on your application or the specific job posting, please contact the responsible recruiter (S. Schneider-Archuleta +49 8856/60 3556).
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, bei dem Chancengleichheit zählt.
Berufsförderungs- & Entwicklungsprogramme, Berufsförderungs- & Entwicklungsprogramme > PraktikumPenzberg
· Who we are
Die Roche Diagnostics GmbH (RDG) ist mit mehr als 12.000 Mitarbeitern der drittgrößte Standort im Konzern. Neben den Vertriebsorganisationen in Deutschland (Roche Pharma AG und Roche Diagnostics Deutschland) fokussiert die RDG auf das operative Geschäft. In den beiden Standorten Mannheim und Penzberg werden neue diagnostische Tests und pharmazeutische Wirkstoffe für den weltweiten Markt entwickelt und produziert.
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, der die Chancengleichheit fördert.