As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
In this role, your primary focus will be to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle Support Services customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. You will be responsible for fielding and resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means and technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. As a primary point of contact for customers, you will act as a liaison between Oracle employees and the customer with little direction from management. You will also provide guidance and resolution on a wide range of technical and non-technical customer issues. Resolution is primarily provided in real time with follow up for more complex matters. This position may provide you an opportunity to be "proactively responsible" for support for our top revenue and strategic customers.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. Prior working knowledge of or the desire to quickly learn about Oracle Financials, Oracle Service, ITS, Imaging, GSR, the World Wide Web, internal knowledgebase, MSOffice tools and our Electronic Support Service Offerings. In addition, understand the use of operating systems, hardware environments, software, networking, Oracle products and how they all interrelate in a customer environment. You should also be fluent in customer TAR reporting systems. Bachelors degree and three years related experience (and one year Client Relations experience) in hand, an ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, will have shown prior abilities to be an effective team player, and will demonstrate commitment to ensuring customer success.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Duties & Responsibilities
· Provide 2nd line support globally for F&B Hospitality applications (Simphony and MyMicros)
· Responsible for the entry, tracking and management of all incoming support calls in MOS and Clarify
· Ensure familiarity with new releases as they become available
· Be familiar with and adhere to the latest configuration, installation, training and support standards and procedures
· Assist in training and supporting the Oracle Hospitality product suites and associated interfaces
· Liaise with subject matter experts in Sustained Engineering, R&D and Cloud Operations
· Work with the customers to ensure that contractual service expectations are exceeded
· Perform other duties as requested or as deemed appropriate by the management
· Willing to work overtime and holidays as requested
· Willing to work with a wide variety of cultures
· Willing to be contactable on an on-call basis after-hours by mobile phone
· Adhere to company standards, policy, and procedure
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Minimum 2-3 yrs experience installing/configuring/supporting/administering F&B management software products, supply chain or operations processes
· Degree in a technical, hospitality or business field
· Knowledge of food and beverage management procedures
· Experience with Accounting System, POS Systems and cost and inventory systems.
· Experience in Microsoft suite of products, in particular, Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint
· Previous experience in supporting alternative hospitality software products
· Prior technical call center experience or POS software troubleshooting is preferred
· Knowledge of common help desk and ticketing solutions
· Great troubleshooting skills
· 2+ year technical degree or experience in IT, Computer system and/or network education/experience required (Network+ preferred)
· Basic SQL and Oracle database experience is a plus
· Excellent communication (verbal, written and listening), problem-solving, multi-tasking and data entry skills
· Familiarity with Operating Systems (2003, 2008, XP, Oracle, and VM Ware)
· Working knowledge of Networks, PCs and troubleshooting installation issues
· Supply Chain Management experience strongly desired
· Must be highly self-motivated, patient, proactive and have a strong work ethic
· Prior experience working cross-functionally with both internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Sales, Finance, Operations, DCs, Suppliers, and Customers).
· Proficiency with Inventory Management, cost accounting principles and ERP system software
· Strong understanding of financial data analysis tools and systems such as Crunchtime, MXP, AMOS, Oracle Financials, Hyperion Essbase, Tableau, or OBIEE.
· Proven ability to work unsupervised or as a team member of both the local office team and wider company teams
· Creative thinking abilities, uses experiences and knowledge to create new ideas and think 'outside the square'
· A self-starter with initiative, drive and strong desire to succeed
· Ability to work in a logical methodical manner
· Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
· Flexibility with people and time
· High level of competency with English language, demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong customer service skills