Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Oracle's IaaS A-Team is a central group of highly specialized solution architects who operates as part of the Oracle A-Team.
The A-Team is a highly technical team comprised of Enterprise Architects, Solution Specialists, and Software Engineers within the Oracle Product Development organization.
We work closely with customers and partners around the globe. We provide expert advice on architecture, design, best practices, and troubleshooting Oracle Cloud Services.
As a member of this team, your work will be challenging and diverse.
Your main responsibilities include:
• To focus on learning emerging technology and sharing that knowledge throughout Oracle and with customers and partners
• Be responsible for maintaining relationships and working with strategic accounts to gain and report field experience with new technologies.
• Help coordinate and resolve high profile escalations.
• Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
• Accelerating IaaS & PaaS adoption by customers and partners.
• Providing consistent and continuous feedback to IaaS & PaaS Product Engineering teams regarding bugs and enhancements
To be considered for a position, the following are required:
• Experience architecting, designing, implementing, and troubleshooting real-world enterprise applications.
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Be comfortable working with and addressing both developers and C-level personnel
• Must be able to travel (20-40%)
• Ability to work both as a member of a team and independently
• Demonstrate an aptitude and willingness to enhance knowledge.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong technical background and excellent problem solving skills.
Key Skills, listed in priority order:
• 8+ years of experience in developing, implementing or architecting information systems
• 2+ years of experience with cloud computing (Oracle Public Cloud, AWS, Azure, Google)
• Experience with scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Unix shell scripting, Perl, WLST)
• Experience with cloud technologies (virtualization, software defined networking, storage, PaaS)
• Experience with DevOps tools (configuration management like Chef, Puppet, & Ansible, source code management, continuous integration, testing)
• Experience with container technologies (Solaris zones, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
• Experience with storage technologies (NFS, iSCSI, ZFS, block storage, object storage)
• Hands-on system administration experience (Linux, Solaris)
• Experience leading business requirements gathering and translation to system requirements
• Experience facilitating business process design as it relates to cloud deployment
• Broad knowledge of Oracle WebLogic Server
• Hands-on Java development experience
This A-Team position is slated for the Oracle Cloud@Customer program. See link below. The Oracle Cloud@Customer program is a unique offering that enables customers to gain the benefits of cloud computing while keeping all applications and data behind the customer's firewall. This offering directly addresses concerns that many customers have with adopting cloud computing, including data sovereignty & privacy, control & high SLAs of business critical systems, and network latency & bandwidth. Oracle Cloud@Customer has the same IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS offerings as Oracle Cloud.
In addition to the requirements above, a candidate must possess deep experience in one or more of the following areas to qualify for this position:
• Customer interaction ranging in level from detailed technical discussions to executive summary C-level discussions;
• Deep experience with cloud IaaS and PaaS architectures and deployments;
• Cloud networking design and troubleshooting for on-premise network integration, DNS, DMZ, VPN, software defined networking, and layer 3 networking;
• Troubleshooting software issues in complex system architectures;
• Creation, testing, and documentation of complex technical procedures;
• Creation, testing, and documentation of customer training classes;
• Coordination of collaborative activity across multiple product development, product management, and sales organizations.