ODDO BHF is an independent Franco-German financial services group, with a history stretching back over 150 years. It was created from the alliance of a French family-owned business built up by five generations of stockbrokers and a German bank specialising in Mittelstand companies. With 2,300 employees (1,300 in Germany and 1,000 in France), and more than 100 billion euros in assets under management, ODDO BHF operates in three main businesses, based on significant investment in market expertise: private banking, asset management and corporate and investment banking. The Group has a specific ownership structure as 60% of its capital is held by the Oddo family and 30 % by employees. This “partnership” ethos guarantees the long-term involvement of its teams. At 31 December 2016, ODDO BHF generated net banking income of 577 million euros, net profit after tax of 136 million euros and at 31 December 2016, the Group had over 814 million euros of shareholders' equity.
More information about ODDO BHF: http://www.oddo.eu/#!home/en
As a VIE, you will join the German Controlling team in the Finance department of ODDO BHF based in Offenbach (near suburb Frankfurt am Main). The Controlling team includes 11 experienced professionals and works essentially on: production and analysis of results, annual budget process, reporting, KPIs, financial studies, projects, maintenance and evolution of the management information system and steering tools.
Placed under a shared management between the Frankfurt team and the Paris team, you will also be required to collaborate on topics and projects concerning both teams. On the Paris side, the Controlling team includes 5 persons with 2-person cluster in the ODDO BHF Tunis entity, its main role is to consolidate all group figures and be a real partner to all business lines, subsidiaries and support functions of the Group.
In this context, you will have (among others) the following missions:
- Participate in the monthly production and analysis of the Group's results by business line,
- Participate in the annual budget process,
- Play a role of MOA on the various BI projects (Business Intelligence) entrusted to the Controlling team or initiated by it (expression of needs, work of recipe, maintenance of reports, etc ...).
- Design and implement new reports and tools for management purposes (revenue from activities, costs, KPIs, etc ...).
- Administration of shared tools of the Controlling team (access management, security, interface with IT teams, etc ...)
- Maintain up-to-date documentation on the processes, the tools, the main references used for the recurring work of the team
Scope of the missions:
Priority is given to the scope of the ODDO BHF AG Group in Germany, but it is also possible to participate on topics and projects common to both Controlling teams, and also occasionally on topics only managed by the Paris team.
- French “Grande Ecole” graduate engineering or business administration (or international equivalent)
- Focus on banking business preferable
- Good level in English and also in German (essential)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Be passionate with information processing technologies
- Interest in project management
- Excellent team spirit,
- Workforce, commitment, motivation,
- Reliability and rigor (including confidentiality),
- Curiosity, reflection, initiative and strength of proposal
- Autonomy and organization