The German National Sales Team Sales Coordinator will report to the Head of German National Sales Team.
The German National Sales Team Sales Coordinator provides dedicated administrative support to the Head of German National Sales Team and the German National Sales Team Managers to meet and exceed the expectations of both the internal and external customers, ensuring customer inquiries are handled in the fastest and most efficient manner.
The German National Sales Team (GNST) is funded by hotels in Germany & Austria and represents the extended sales force of the hotels. The focus is on group accounts which have requirements in at least 3 different German and Austrian cities/Clusters and a minimum spend of EUR 50 K yearly or 500 room nights threshold. The group focus of these clients is Germany and Austria.
· Each hotel will have an expectation of account production and an effective stakeholder communication is expected
· Clients will be assisted with their worldwide group inquiries
The German National Sales Team Sales Coordinator provides support to the GNST.
· Location requirements: The German National Sales Team Sales Coordinator is to be located at the Eschborn office.
· Travel Requirements: There is occasional (5 %) business travel
· Language Requirements: Fluent in German and English (speaking, reading and writing) required.
· Processes all group inquiries to the hotels and ensure alternatives are offered in order to close business (primary for all funding hotels in Germany and Austria but also for other Marriott hotels worldwide)
· Handles all requests for information from clients according to the company guidelines
· Gathers in depth competitive intelligence
· Provides administrative support to the GNST Account Managers
· Acts as ‘online support' between GNST and hotels to ensure all parties are fully informed
· Facilitates communication between GNST group coordinators and other stakeholders
· Maintains database updated for all system
· Is fully conversant with the technical equipment provided and to follow all procedures. This includes– but is not limited to – SFA
· Prepares and analyzes reports and statistics
· Assists in the coordination of and participates in regional special events when appropriate
· Accompanies the Account Manager to customer appointments as appropriate Financial Management:
· Handles the collection and reporting process of the Group Booking Fee in cooperation with the Accounting Department and Account Managers Owner Relations:
· Supports primarily the GNST in its duties to the funding hotels
· Develops and maintains good relationships to both internal and external customers by providing a friendly and efficient service, meeting and exceeding the expectations of the GNST clients
· Participates in GNST meetings
· Is knowledgeable of the hotels in the region, their facilities and competition (with a focus on funding hotels in Germany and Austria)
· Is fully conversant with all Marriott brands and products
· Takes ownership of Marriott's Sales Organization's Mission, Marriott's Loyalty Basics and the Marriott's Sales Basics
· Keeps up to date with all legislation changes and trends within the Agency and Corporate market
· Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs as well as to ensure teamwork
· Complies with Marriott Hotel Holding GmbH and Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Ideal candidate profile
· First experience in the hospitality industry and group sales / reservation process desirable
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
· Professional appearance and manner
· Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
· Use good judgment and diplomacy with internal and external customers
· Understanding of the travel industry market
· Technical understanding of hotel operations, reservations and group sales
· Technical understanding of the cooperations' travel requirements
· Ability to work in a team
· Ability to work independently
· Fluent in German and English written and spoken
· Proficiency in computer skills (especially MS Office)
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION:
· Hotel apprenticeship or tertiary qualification in hospitality management, business management or a related field
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.