Description de l'offre
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
As a member of the Europe Business Finance & Administration team the Project Accountant will perform project accounting duties for assigned projects of moderate to high complexity/financial risk.
· Complete accurate and timely project set-up in the financial systems (PeopleSoft and Mosaic).
· Monitor and review project costs for accuracy and make applicable adjusting entries. Prepare and analyze project forecasts as applicable; identify potential risks and communicate appropriately.
· Ensure projects are billed in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with owner/contractual requirements; may include contractual agreements including foreign currency translation issues.
· Monitor problem accounts receivable items including past due problem accounts; escalate to appropriate level for resolution.
· Review applicable domestic or international tax requirements, to ensure taxes are accrued and paid in accordance with jurisdictional regulations.
· Prepare and issue timely and accurate project status reporting to management on a periodic basis. Complete timely and accurate project closeout activities in conjunction with Project Management and in accordance with owner and contractual requirements.
· Interface with owners and other project/department management on projects with standard and non-standard loan and/or funding requirements
· Compile and review account reconciliations for accuracy, and resolve reconciliation issues for assigned projects.
· Support process improvement opportunities to drive consistent tools and processes by using technology. Recommend areas in which processes may be optimized and/or improved. Utilizes strong systems skills in multiple applications in order to streamline processes and gain efficiencies.
Key Talents and Experience
· Excellent PC skills: proficient in Microsoft Office products
· PeopleSoft software experience preferred
· Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles required (GAAP)
· Strong interpersonal and oral/written communications skills required
· Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to work independently and in a team setting
· Knowledge of contracting, construction/design industry, project management and consulting agreements preferred.
· Ability to identify issues, recommend solutions, and implement resolutions
· Strong analytical skills and effective problem solving abilities; makes decisions using data
· Ability to build and maintain key relationships and to coordinate with other departments and owners
· Customer-service oriented perspective and an effective listener
· Fluent in English.
Education and Professional Certification
· Bachelor (or equivalent) degree in accounting, finance, or a related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
· CPA (or equivalent certification) preferred.
· This position will be based in Eschborn. Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.