Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The General Ledger Assistant will report to the Accounting Manager, and is an integral part of the Europe Finance & Accounting team. The primary responsibilities of this position are to perform certain clerical functions including, but not limited to, accounts receivable, accounts payable, month end closing and balance sheet reconciliations. The General Ledger Assistant may do some or all of these functions in support of the Accounting Manager.
Communication and organization are key attributes required for this role, as the General Ledger Assistant will be the key contact within the finance team for some departments.
The General Ledger Assistant provides support / is responsible for the Europe Office.
· Location requirements: The position is based in Germany – Eschborn as part of the overall Europe Business Administration finance team.
· Travel Requirements: There is a 5% business travel required.
· Running, consolidating and analysing various reports and financial documents.
· Assist with the design and preparation of statistical reports, other reporting needs and ad hoc consolidation work as required.
· Accounts Receivable, including preparation and posting of invoices, and input into the OFB billing file
· Accounts Payable, including the review, coding and posting of AP invoices and runnings of reports to verify late/failed payments
· Balance sheet reconciliations
· Process manual payments
· Provide cover for other members of the Finance & Accounting team in London and Eschborn during periods of absence
· Support with Fixed Asset reporting
· Preparation and posting of MIGL journals
· Assisting with the month end close process
· Balance Sheet Reconciliations
· Promptly responding to queries
· Provide a clear, friendly service to all associates
· Perform all tasks in a timely manner ensuring all deadlines are met.
· Perform other related tasks as assigned by management.
· Complies with Marriott Hotel Holding GmbH Regional Office policies and procedures.