Description de l'offre
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The General Ledger Assistant will report to the Accounting Manager, and is an integral part of the Europe Finance & Accounting team. The primary responsibilities of this position are to perform certain clerical functions including, but not limited to, accounts receivable, accounts payable, month end closing and balance sheet reconciliations. The General Ledger Assistant may do some or all of these functions in support of the Accounting Manager.
Communication and organization are key attributes required for this role, as the General Ledger Assistant will be the key contact within the finance team for some departments.
The General Ledger Assistant provides support / is responsible for the Europe Office.
· Location requirements: The position is based in Germany – Eschborn as part of the overall Europe Business Administration finance team.
· Travel Requirements: There is a 5% business travel required.
· Running, consolidating and analysing various reports and financial documents.
· Assist with the design and preparation of statistical reports, other reporting needs and ad hoc consolidation work as required.
· Accounts Receivable, including preparation and posting of invoices, and input into the OFB billing file
· Accounts Payable, including the review, coding and posting of AP invoices and runnings of reports to verify late/failed payments
· Balance sheet reconciliations
· Process manual payments
· Provide cover for other members of the Finance & Accounting team in London and Eschborn during periods of absence
· Support with Fixed Asset reporting
· Preparation and posting of MIGL journals
· Assisting with the month end close process
· Balance Sheet Reconciliations
· Promptly responding to queries
· Provide a clear, friendly service to all associates
· Perform all tasks in a timely manner ensuring all deadlines are met.
· Perform other related tasks as assigned by management.
· Complies with Marriott Hotel Holding GmbH Regional Office policies and procedures.
· Fluency in English (Business Language) is mandatory (written and spoken).
· Effective in developing and maintaining productive relationships.
· Strong communicator (verbal and written) with good presence.
· Must be fully computer literate with good working knowledge of mainstream applications such as MS Windows and common MS Office applications (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook).
· Strong problem solving skills with an ability to develop alternatives and solutions
· Positive attitude and a high level of enthusiasm and energy
· Ability to work on and prioritize multiple project while meeting required goals and deadlines
· Ability to identify and address business needs with minimum of supervision
· Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external customers
· Be proactive and have a flexible approach to work, meeting the needs of the team and the business at all times.
· Maintain an attitude and commitment to provide excellent service to all customers and associates.
· A further European language (Spanish/German) distinct advantage but not required.
· Some previous experience in Hotels/Tourism/Leisure would be an advantage but is not required. International Experience an advantage but not required.
· Broad knowledge of Marriott accounting and finance processes and systems with specific knowledge and understanding of functionality of PeopleSoft Financials a benefit
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION:
· Graduate or equivalent education standard required; degree education preferred
· Certified accountant would be a benefit
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.