Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via email at -
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Hospitality Inns Limited. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Start Your Journey With Us! Seeking an Assistant Banquets Manager at the Delta Calgary South
About Delta Hotels
Founded in 1962 in Richmond, British Columbia, Delta Hotels grew from a single 62-room motor inn to become Canada leading first-class hotel management company. In 2015, Delta Hotels and Resorts was acquired by Marriott Hotels resulting in the brand becoming a part of a leading worldwide hotel chain with 30 brands and over 5,700 hotels around the world. We promise to deliver premium choices, sophisticated style and a strong team who share a passion for authentic hospitality to provide a truly memorable guest experience
The Assistant Banquets Manager, entry level management position that leads the banquet staff while personally assisting in executing events based on requirements and standards. Develops and directs team to provide consistent, high quality service. Communicates performance expectations and trains staff in processes. Responsible for managing financial and administrative duties.
To guide, direct, organize and develop an engaged Banquets team through a hands-on approach. To assist with ensuring the effective execution of the entire Banquets service cycle. This role will support to drive the business with specific revenue, cost / expense and productivity targets, operating with effective controls, processes and procedures as identified in the budget and business plan.
Flexible, must be willing to work mostly evenings as well as weekends and holidays based on the business needs. Must be able to spend entire shifts either on their feet or walking
Core Work Activities:
· Ensures the team understands the correlation between service excellence and guest perception of the hotel, mentoring all members of the team towards service excellence and the creation of wow factors.
· To guide, direct, organize and develop an engaged Banquets team through a hands-on approach.
· Actively works to build a high performing, motivated and engaged team.
· Ensures the team understands and applies the tenets of revenue management daily to maximize hotel sales.
· Monitors the Banquets team performance and how it relates to Medallia scores taking appropriate action to recognize positive efforts and improve results.
· Provides training, coaching and guidance to Banquets employees by conducting one-on-one meetings with team members.
· Assists with the completion of Performance Reviews and Individual Development Plans on a timely basis.
· Ensures and participates in High Time training for the department.
· Ensures Health & Safety requirements are met.
· Is physically present at all high (busy) times directing and working the room, leading by example.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
· Builds strong relationships with guests and fosters loyalty by personally, and through the team, acting as a host.
· Introduces them self to meeting/event organizer and checks in with them periodically, ensuring all needs are taken care of immediately.
· To be the guest advocate, anticipating needs, solving problems and sharing of information by demonstrating empathy on an immediate basis.
· Tracks guest needs data and implements changes to increase satisfaction prevention of future problems.
· Ensures that food and beverages are served in a friendly and exceptional service-oriented manner and the rooms and presentation of the food and beverage items are aesthetically pleasing.
· Works with Catering Sales to verify the accuracy of BEO information and to ensure that Banquet precisely and creatively executes all details meeting all guest and Delta Standards and participates in BEO Meetings and pre-convention meetings on a timely basis.
· Ensures the events are executed precisely and creatively as per the needs of the guests, outlined in the BEOs and pre-con meetings and performs pre-shift meetings and completes daily audits on events.
· Has active ownership for the Meeting Maestro Program execution and creative input to the program.
· Ensure the meeting/event organizer receives the Maestro Pin and is aware of the hotline number.
· Reviews BEO event details with meeting/event organizer, recording and acting upon any last minute changes or additions to the day event.
· Completes the Meeting Maestro Log.
· Participates in Meeting Maestro Audits.
· Coordinates with PSAV on behalf of the client for any audio visual requirements changes and/or additions.
· Participates in in-site and hot site inspections ensuring all program-related materials are posted prominently.
· Participating in and Leading Banquet Teams
· Ensures the accuracy of guest accounts with accurate and timely billing and other financial and statistical information.
· To employ the available resources to drive the business with specific revenue, cost / expense and productivity targets, operating with effective controls, processes and procedures as identified in the budget and business plan.
· Contributes to the success for the hotel as a whole by communicating with other departments and always maintaining a position of a natural leader, even with other departments.
· Assists with the generation of new revenue by offering suggestions and ideas for improvements.
· Assists with ensuring the department operational efficiency managing the departmental budget
· Assists with meeting specified targets in the budget.
· Ensures productivity by managing the labour budget.
· Manages the ordering process for all other supplies.
· Manages the vendors to maintain costs within the budget.
· Ensures cash handling and guest billing processes are adhered to and invoices are processed in a timely and accurate basis.
· Manages responsibility of the cash floats and liquor inventory.
What we are looking for?
· Shows passion for Guest Service and experience
· Friendly and enthusiastic
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Highly organized with excellent attention to detail and problem resolution skills
· Takes ownership of duties, shows initiative and is proactive
· Hard Working; enjoys being physically busy and active
· Demonstrates organization and multi-tasking abilities
· Friendly, enthusiastic, honest, reliable and confidential
· Offer courteous and sincere hospitality at all times and deliver great guest experiences.
· Handles, understands and responds to customer complaints and needs calmly and advises effectively or seeks assistance from management.
· Team player, positive attitude and strong communication skills.
· Shows passion for Guest Service and experience
· Works well under pressure in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area is an asset.
Delta Calgary South is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce. This includes, where applicable, compliance with the Employment Equity Act as it relates to four designated groups: Women, members of Visible Minority Groups, Aboriginal Peoples and Persons with Disabilities. We want to understand if our opportunities are reaching diverse populations in order to facilitate diversity and employment equity programs and, where necessary, comply with federal employment equity regulations.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.