Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
Responsible for balancing the financial objectives of different lodging products to maximize total revenues and profit associated with guest rooms. Position is accountable for pricing, positioning and inventory of all hotels within area of purview. Develops and recommends sales strategy for pricing of the transient customer, wholesale, and group segments. Identifies new revenue opportunities and effectively communicates sales strategy and pricing to all key stakeholders. Maintains productive relationships with stakeholders, including hotel General Managers, sales leaders, franchisees and owners.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
• Analyzes information, identifies current and potential problems and proposes solutions.
• Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
• Generates updates on transient segment each period and continually analyzes transient booking patterns.
• Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
• Maintains accurate reservation system information.
• Checks distribution channels regularly for hotel positioning, information accuracy and competitor positioning.
• Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Observes, receives, and otherwise obtains information from all relevant sources.
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Analyzes weekly and monthly STAR information to assist in analyzing past strategies; identifies areas needing improvement, identifies competitor set strengths, and develops strategies to best capture available Market Share.
• Analyze STAR information to assist in development of RevPAR Index forecasts.
• Generates yearly room revenue budget.
Managing Revenue Management Strategy
• Provides critical input to property leaders for development of market sales strategy.
• Provides revenue management functional expertise and leadership to general managers and property leadership teams
• Implements and evaluates revenue tests.
• Ensures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated, implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
• Assists hotels with pricing and provides input on business evaluation recommendations.
• Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management processes.
• Ensures property diagnostic processes (PDP) are used to maximize revenue and profits.
Building Successful Relationships
• Communicates brand initiatives, demand and market analysis to hotels/clusters/franchise partners/owners.
• Communicates market direction to revenue management, sales and hotel leaders.
• Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintains them over time.
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
• Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to the stakeholders.
• Informs and/or updates executives, peers and subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Enters, transcribes, records, stores, or maintains information in written or electronic form.
• Works with other people to gather the information necessary to manage projects, achieve goals, and resolve problems.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.