Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
Maintains the transient rooms inventory for a given cluster and responsible for maximizing transient revenue. Releases group rooms back into general inventory and ensures clean booking windows for customers. The position recommends pricing and positioning of cluster properties. In addition, the position oversees the inventory management system to verify appropriateness of agreed upon selling strategies.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
• Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Analyzes information, identifying current and potential problems and proposing solutions.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Observes, receives, and otherwise obtains information from all relevant sources.
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Conducts sales strategy analysis and refines as appropriate to increase market share for all properties.
• Assists hotels with pricing and provides input on business evaluation recommendations.
• Maintains accurate reservation system information.
• Checks distribution channels for hotel positioning, information accuracy and competitor positioning.
• Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
• Generates updates on transient segment each period.
• Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
• Ensures property diagnostic processes (PDP) are used to maximize revenue and profits.
• Initiates, implements and evaluates revenue tests.
Managing and Executing Revenue Management Projects
• Takes a predetermined strategy and drives the execution of that strategy.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Works with other people to gather the information necessary to manage projects, achieve goals, and resolve problems.
• Provides revenue management functional expertise to cluster general managers, leadership teams and market sales leaders.
• Ensures hotel strategies conform to brand philosophies and initiatives.
• Ensures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated, implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
• Prepares sales strategy meeting agenda, supporting documentation.
• Communicates proactively with properties regarding rate restrictions and strategy.
• Manages rooms inventory to maximize cluster rooms revenue.
• Leads efforts to coordinate strategies between group sales offices.
• Supports cluster selling initiatives by working with all reservation centers.
• Uses reservations system and demand forecasting systems to determine, implement and control selling strategies.
• Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management processes.
• Communicates brand initiatives, demand and market analysis to hotels/clusters/franchise partners/owners.
• Understands and communicates the value of the brand name as it relates to franchise partnerships and revenue management opportunities.
• Promotes and protects brand equity.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships in a proactive manner.
• Acts as a liaison, when necessary, between property and regional/corporate systems support.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Enters, transcribes, records, stores, or maintains information in written or electronic form.
• Attends staff/forecast/long range meetings as requested by properties.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.