Johnson & Johnson MEDICAL GmbH is a subsidiary of the Johnson & Johnson group acting worldwide with more than 129,000 employees. Since 1930, our responsibility towards our staff has been, and still is, an essential element of our Credo. High quality standards and an inspiring identification with our products and services distinguish us. Johnson & Johnson MEDICAL GmbH is a trendsetter in the area of medical technology.
Stroke is one of the leading causes of death and disability, with 15 million cases worldwide every year. In collaboration with international researchers and clinicians, CERENOVUS seeks to develop new understanding that will drive innovative solutions to treat this challenging and devastating disease. CERENOVUS will develop products under their large IP portfolio, and the company is poised to take a leadership position in stroke therapy.
Inspired by extensive studies into the properties and behavior of clot, and detailed modelling of the challenging anatomy of the cerebral vasculature, CERENOVUS created a new device platform which entraps clot in a different manner than other devices. The company's EmboTrapII thrombectomy device is CE approved, was launched in Europe in early 2015 with great success, and having successfully finished enrolling the US pivotal trial, US approval is anticipated in the months ahead.
We are currently looking for a Field Clinical Engineer (m/f) to join our team. This position will form a vital bridge between the company's clinical and technical research program and physicians in field, through training, workshops, liaising with 3rd party research groups, presentations, meetings and collaborations with various professional societies. This position is field-based with a preference for representation in Central Europe.
Key Responsibilities will include:
· Delivery of technical/clinical programs on clot research, thrombectomy device, and procedural techniques to physicians both in CERENOVUS and onsite in hospitals.
· Gather feedback and clinical information from the field and provide to relevant teams in CERENOVUS including R&D, Clinical and Marketing.
· Development of training materials through presentations, videos, or other media.
· Co-author publications and generate data to support publications.
· Present research externally at conferences (podium presentations, poster presentations, delivery of workshops)