About J.P. Morgan
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
Our history in Germany dates back to 1928, when we opened a representative office. Post-World War II, we were the first foreign bank to re-open branches in Germany in 1947. JPMorgan in Germany offers clients products and services from our corporate and investment bank, asset management, private banking as well as commercial solutions. Further information is available at https://www.jpmorgan.com/country/DE/EN/about .
Our Compliance Function
With a diverse team of Compliance professionals supporting all areas of our business around the globe, the team is working diligently to be innovative and present all business partners with thoughtful and unique solutions to the challenges they face. The Compliance function has a robust set of priorities in place focused on best practice and employee development to ensure goals are delivered.
Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) within the Frankfurt Compliance Team
The role sits within the Frankfurt Compliance team and works closely with the EMEA GFCC team (part of the broader EMEA Compliance Department) responsible for Anti Money Laundering (AML) and sanctions monitoring, providing advice on AML/Sanctions/KYC and anti -bribery and corruption requirements and for all EMEA booked and initiated activity across the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) and Private Bank businesses. This role will support the JPMC’s financial crimes program, particularly in the areas of KYC policies and standards, exam management, governance, and management information. The role involves coverage of AML and other Financial Crime matters such as Fraud, Bribery and Corruption for Germany (Corporate Investment Bank and Private Bank) and such other regional duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The Role and Key Responsibilities
· As a member of the Global Financial Crimes Compliance Team, the Compliance Officer will be based in Frankfurt. The role will cover all lines of business in the location
· The role will report to the J.P. Morgan AG’s Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO; Geldwäschebeauftragter)
· This role within our team is responsible for investigating cross line of business AML alerts/cases. The team works in partnership with colleagues in EMEA, US and Asia Compliance, EMEA in-country Compliance/GFCC teams and client-focused staff in the lines of business.
The role will cover all relevant aspects of Financial Crimes Compliance including AML, Fraud, Sanctions, Counter Terrorist Financing and Bribery and Corruption working with the regional advisory and core staff based in the UK.
Key aspects of this role will involve:
· Handle suspicious activity analysis and reporting with possible filing with the local law enforcement agencies in Germany
· Primarily responsible for ensuring that assigned alerts/cases are investigated and dispositioned within expected timeframes
· Undertake client and company research using in-house databases and publicly available information to identify whether the activity is unusual
· Draft Suspicious Activity Reports (“SARs”) for submission to Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU)
· Actively develop knowledge of criminal methods and AML typologies, applying these characteristics through interrogation of transaction data to identify unusual activity
· Develop subject matter expertise through knowledge, research and training, leading to new investigative approaches to uncover unusual activity
· Participate in ad hoc projects and enhanced reviews, including supporting regulatory enquiries and line of business Compliance
Required Skills and Experience:
· Strong academic background or work achievements in the financial industry
· Excellent German language skills written and spoken to communicate with FIU and other law enforcement agencies appropriately
· Previous experience of AML investigations, financial crimes compliance or a related position preferred
· Strong investigative skills and an analytical mindset, including proven problem solving ability
· Self –starter, capable of working with minimal supervision
· Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
· Strong team player willing to work closely across and with multiple teams where inter-dependencies will be strong and ongoing
· Can do attitude with a willingness to help others in the team and external to the team
· Readiness to share knowledge. Willingness to go beyond the day to day to deliver excellence
· Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and interpret requirements
· Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized manner
· Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel, particularly experience in handling large volumes of quantitative data
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer