About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are the most respected financial institution in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
The Depositary Services Group is part of the CIB Corporate & Investment Bank area within J.P. Morgan AG which supports firm’s Corporate & Investment Bank in Germany and its compliance with regulatory requirements.
Reporting up to the Trustee Manager in Germany, the Assistant Trustee Manager will have shared accountability for ensuring that J.P. Morgan AG’s fiduciary oversight obligations are discharged in accordance with the German Capital Investment Code (KAGB and BaFin Circular 08/2015 (WA)) and other Depositary or fund regulations (e.g. UCITS V, AIFMD, EMIR).
The role includes the following responsibilities:
· Responsibility to ensure that J.P. Morgan AG fulfills the fiduciary obligation when acting as ‘Verwahrstelle’ for German investment funds by monitoring that the funds are managed by the KVG, respectively their asset managers, in accordance with the relevant local regulations and contractual provisions.
· Responsibility for monitoring, accuracy and regular review of investment guidelines coding setup in the Compliance system
· Supporting/Handling of Asset Ownership validation pursuant to the BaFin Depositary Circular 08/2015 (WA) including database maintenance and monitoring of receipt of the required contractual documentation
· Supporting/Handling the KVG Risk Measurement oversight pursuant to the BaFin Depositary Circular 08/2015 including model validation of KVG VaR model, review of the funds’ audit reports – specifically sections on KVG’s qualified approach pursuant to the Derivatives regulation
· Establish and provide monthly MIS-status reporting to local management on progress of reviews as appropriate
· Ensuring Depositary Services levels are maintained/improved where appropriate
· Supporting the Trustee Managers engagements with existing client, new prospects, demonstrating J.P. Morgan‘s awareness of regulatory change and T&F differentiators in supporting KVGs’ and/or investors’ needs
Qualifications & Requirements
The role requires a person which meets the following profile:
· Strong sense for accuracy and attention to detail with the capability to work in a structured manner
· Strong team player
· Self-motivated and highly disciplined
· Capability to cope with challenges arising in the area of responsibility and being solution oriented
· The successful candidate knows how to set the right priorities, is flexible in managing working hours and feels comfortable in delivering best results under time pressure and within tight deadlines.
· Several years of bank experience, preferably with German Depositary (Verwahrstelle) or KVG
· Ideally bank apprenticeship or degree in economics (Univ. or FH) or similar skillset
· High proficiency level in English and German (spoken and written)
· Good knowledge of German Capital Investment Code (particularly concerning Depositary function), practical understanding of regulatory and contractual investment restrictions
· Very good analytical skills
· Good knowledge of German Derivatives Regulation
· Good knowledge of complex instruments, e.g. Derivatives, OTCs (e.g. Swaps, Options) and experience of usage
· Good knowledge of structured products is appreciated, but no condition.
· Good communication skills
· Experience in project work, ideally in a ‘Cross location/country environment’
· Very experienced with Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/Power Point) including creation and maintenance of Pivot tables and EXCEL databases.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.