IBM seeks to hire a Watson Cognitive Solution Architect for the European Watson Cognitive Solutions Delivery Team.
This role is the primary point of contact for the technical team in charge of the delivery of the content in the Statement of Work (SOW) signed with the client and responsible for developing and delivering the technical activities and deliverables described in the SOW on behalf of the Watson Services Delivery organization.
The Watson Cognitive Solution Architect coordinates and drives the design and implementation of the activities with the IBM technical team, the other Watson Services Solution Architects, the Watson Product Development/Solutions team, the Watson Product Management team, the IBM legal team and the Watson Services Delivery team. Identification of client requirements, use cases, readiness, expectations, delivery milestones and clearly articulated deliverables are responsibilities of the Solution Architect along with the Cognitive Consultant & Project Manager.
The Watson Cognitive Solution Architect is a position that will involve extensive interaction with customers and the IBM technical team. Outstanding teamwork, negotiation, planning, project management, resource coordination, communication and collaboration skills are needed.
Responsibilities include are:
· Collaborate closely with the Cognitive Consultant & Project Manager to ensure the deliverables are aligned to the value described in the SOW and expected from the client.
· Lead key customer planning and management meetings to define Watson solution, services & key content.
· Work with the client & Cognitive Consultant to capture the business processes & use cases associated with the customer needs for Watson solution in appropriate tools.
· Design the architecture supporting the solution described in the SOW using Watson portfolio.
· Collaborate with the Integration Architects to design the integration between the Watson based solution and the client systems.
· Develop / configure the most critical pieces of the architecture to ensure quality.
· Work with the Project Manager to set goals, objectives and key milestones for solution development & services delivery consistent with IBM strategy for Watson.
· Leverage key resources in the Watson organization to assist with technical leadership and development / configuring activities.
· Support the Project Manager on issues that may affect solution definition and solution delivery.
· Identify any issues and problems that need immediate focus and resolution. Collaborate with Project Manager to leverage key resources across IBM to resolve issues quickly.
· Assess the current and on-going readiness to achieve solution objectives.
· Collaborate with the Project Manager to provide regular status reporting to and with key stakeholders against goals, objectives & milestones.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Technical Solution Architect
State / Province
Primary job category
(1418) IBM Munich Center GmbH
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Bachelor's Degree
· At least 5 years experience in Computer/System engineering concepts
· At least 3 years experience in Client interaction
· At least 2 years experience in Business analyst
· At least 1 years experience in Cost benefit/analysis, business case development
· Hands-on experience on messaging systems (e.g. FaceBook, etc..)
· Basic knowledge of agile methodologies
· Readiness to travel up to 50% travel annually
· English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Watson Certification
· At least 2 years hands experience in natural language processing in its general sense or in one of the following Watson Developer Cloud services: Watson Conversation Service, Watson Discovery Service, Watson Knowledge Studio, Sentiment Analysis, Tone Analyser, Visual Recognition, Speech to Text, Natural Language Understanding, Personality Insights & Language Translator or other analytical components like Watson Explorer, SPSS, etc..
· Master's Degree
· At least 8 years experience in Computer/System engineering concepts
· At least 5 years experience in Client interaction
· At least 4 years experience in Business analyst
· At least 3 years experience in Cost benefit/analysis, business case development
· At least 2 years experience in one of relevant domains such as healthcare, financial services, call centers or government programs
· At least 1 year experience with agile methodologies
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire