Description de l'offre
Software developer working as part of the IBM Cloud Kubernetes Container Service (IKS) development team to build and support the services responsible for cluster networking, deployment, and updates. This role includes coding, testing, and supporting the service. We are looking for a motivated candidate willing to get started right away! You will get to interact with cutting edge open source technology including Kubernetes, HAProxy, ETCD, and Ansible. In addition, the candidate will have the opportunity to solve complex distributed system problems for a service that is revolutionizing the way organizations manage their applications and IT infrastructure.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Object-Oriented development and design principles
· 2+ years of experience with a programming language such as Java, C, C++, Python, and Go
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures and problem solving
· Great communication skills
· DevOps skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience using docker to build and run applications.
· Experience using Kubernetes as an orchestration system.
· Experience with CI/CD frameworks including Jenkins and Travis CI.
· Experience with concurrent programming and concepts like locks, threads, and semaphores.
· Experience with network/application protocols including HTTPS, TCP/UDP, ARP, and IPv4.
· Experience with distributed system concepts including load balancers, key/value databases, and master/slave architectures.
· Experience with IT automation systems like Ansible.
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire