Are you a good communicator in English, Dutch and French?
Are you looking for an exciting job that offers long term perspectives and many benefits, and will make you grow as an individual? This might be the adventure you have been looking for!
IBM is the largest technology employer in the world, with over 350,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries . We invest more than $6 billion a year in R&D , and just completed our 25th consecutive year of patent leadership & we invite you to join our team.
We are currently looking for a Pre Sales Storage Engineer to join our Modern Data Solutions & Storage team in Belgium.
The role supports our Sales Executives who rely on proactive technical sales support during the sales process. IBM's Technical Sales Team engages with clients, partners & prospects to demonstrate how IBM solutions can support key business challenges and priorities such as Big Data & AI, Hybrid Multi-Cloud Platforms and Modern Data Protection to implementation of the solution to supporting the technical teams internally.
As a Pre Sales Storage Engineer you will work collaboratively with clients & business partners to ensure world class architectures and delivery of solutions to help clients exceed their business objectives.
Scope of Role:
This role is focused on working with leading sales specialists and driving business around systems storage solutions and modernization by delivering sales presentations, product demonstrations and product roadmaps as well as developing future state plans and migration strategies
· You work with the Storage Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies
· You present the IBM technical vision and offering strategy to across the solution offering to all levels across the customer internally and externally e.g. technical or business leads.
· You own the delivery of technical briefings for solutions and products for external and internal customers/partners including proof of concepts/demonstrations when required
· You conduct research, answer questions and helps to handle objections that arise during the sales process
· You will be a technical expert and consultant that helps to develop and propose solutions that meet the technology and business requirements of clients
· You serve as a trusted technology advisor to clients and serve as an internal resource on technical issues or specific business applications
· You recommend the right data protection solution and strategy for a client or prospect by having knowledge of solutions in the market place that the clients/prospects needs
· You maintain product/solution expertise of market trends in aligned technology including detailed understanding of the competition
· You anticipate technology and/or market trends and provide guidance on their application to external clients and feedback of business requirements back into IBM Offering Management and IBM Marketing
· You configure and document IBM Spectrum software, hardware and service solutions to meet client and sales objectives
· You qualify sales opportunities in terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding
· You successfully build relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engage and leverage corporate resources and abilities
· You engage in social media / digital marketing awareness efforts around IBM data protection products, portfolio and thought leadership
· You provide competitive responses in the field of data storage solutions
Who you will become:
Joining IBM will open up career opportunities in over 170 countries and in a wide range of disciplines, something that few other companies can match. To ensure your success, IBM will make a significant investment in your personal development. You will join a technology company with a powerful reputation for success, which is focused on innovation, growth and future technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Quantum Computing, Cloud, and Blockchain. Together with a competitive salary and the potential to earn substantial commissions, you will also enjoy an attractive package of additional benefits.
Have a look at ‘IBM today'! https://youtu.be/P3yjLmY_bz4
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Client Technical Specialist
State / Province
BRUXELLES-CAPITALE, REGION DE
Primary job category
(0016) International Business Machines of Belgium sprl/bvba
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Bachelors' Degree or equivalent preferably in IT or any other technical field, Master's Degree in any domain
· A passion for Sales, Customer Service and relationship building
· Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing, results-driven work environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in local language and English
· Technical aptitude to understand the IBM Storage portfolio
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· If you have any experience in customer service/support, consulting, and/or technical pre-sales is an asset, but not a must
· Previous IBM Storage (or competitive) knowledge and product certifications would be great, but it's not a must
Secondary Job Category
Technical Sales Specialist
Early Professional Track
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
Fueled by cognitive technologies, more than 150 SaaS offerings, and real-time insights, the Global Markets team delivers embedded expertise to help our clients make better decisions and deliver innovation as they engage with their customers, partners and suppliers. Join us to continue to drive innovation with the most comprehensive portfolio for enterprises across industries.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.