Description de l'offre
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
We are currently hiring for a Java Developer in the Hampton VA area.
Experience with UML based software design tools to deesign and develop software code within established specifications is needed.
The candidate must be able to assist in writing testing scripts to operate and test all elements of programs. They will also review results and make necessary changes. • Attempt to replicate problems, determine causes and fix codes to eliminate recurrence of problems. • Integrate code with portions of software package developed by the vendor/other team members.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
· https://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/50744.wss CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
· Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
· Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
· Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· At least 2 years' experience writing Java/J2EE code and integration skills
· 2 years of demonstrated expertise in successful large project/build management and execution
· 2years of experience with various development methodologies (i.e. Agile, Iterative, Waterfall) in Software Development Life Cycle management
· 2 years of Team Lead experience on Java projects.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· 5+ years of experience writing Java/J2EE code and integration skills
· 5+ years of experience of Jboss Spring Framework
· 5+ years of demonstrated expertise in successful large project/build management and execution
· 1 years of prior IRS experience
· 1 year of knowledge of IRS business systems and data, is an extra plus
· 1 year of experience with Rule Engines (i.e. Blazer Advisor)
· IRS MBI Clearance
· 5+ years of experience with RDBMS
· 5+ years of experience writing Java code in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux OS or within a JBOSS application server
Secondary Job Category
· US Citizenship
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
New Collar Role