Description de l'offre
IBM Db2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS ("IDAA") is a killer product in database warehousing. It supports the most challenging and demanding customers in analyzing and dramatically accelerating their queries in Db2 z/OS. We are a global team with close cooperation between IBM Boeblingen Research & Development and IBM Silicon Valley Laboratory. The challenge for us is to integrate seamlessly into the existing Db2 z/OS system while boosting its performance.
We are implementing a new prototype, which will incorporate a set of open source machine learning components (Python, Spark, R) into the accelerator. These components must be compiled for our target platforms, provisioned, and tested. Therefore, we are looking for motivated students, which will work on building, dockerizing, and provisioning these components using build tools, such as make, maven, ant, etc. as well as scripting languages, such as Python or Bash, to integrate the prototype into the existing build infrastructure. Further, suitable test cases shall be developed and integrated into test frameworks that are based on Java and Python.
The student joining our team will
· drive innovation on a scientific research topic where lots of aspects are yet to be discovered
· interact with developers and team leads on the local team in Boeblingen and developers from Silicon Valley and Toronto to understand design details, specifications and functionality of their respective products
· gain deep knowledge in the development lifecycle of a large project, ranging from system administration over code development and testing to integration into existing products and frameworks
· benefit from the work with supervisors having a lot of experience in software development and scientific work at universities
Interested ? When applying, please scan all these documents into one single pdf file and upload as your 'Resume/CV':
1) Motivation letter incl. your availability
3) University enrollment document ('Imma')
4) Current transcript of records and other relevant certificates / references
5) Non-EU citizen: copy of passport, residence and work permit (where available)
Thank you !
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0161) IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Knowledge of Java and/or Python
· Basic Knowledge of Build Tools and Git
· Basic Database Knowledge (SQL)
· English B2 and German A2
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience with Machine Learning in R, Spark (Java/Scala/Python)
· Experience with Docker
· English C1 and German B1
All internship positions at IBM Research & Development are for enrolled students only.
Early Professional Track
New Collar Role