Your responsibilities can include the following – subject to current requests.
· Assisting our event manager in active participation and assistance with daily business as well as general office administration.
· Partial or complete independence with execution and organisation of business events of varying type and size in a national and international environment.
· Management of the complete event process, e.g. online research in the run-up to the meetings, preparation of participant data, organisation of logistics and catering, management of invites and participants, visa procurement, cost accounting. This includes budget control, paperwork and project review, using tools such as Excel spreadsheet calculation, PowerPoint presentation, etc.
· Assistance in creating, maintaining and editing of internal and external communication material (newsletters/ brochures/ presentations; updating intranet and internet content).
· General assistance with implementing online marketing projects, e.g. direct marketing campaigns etc.
· Independent care of Lotus Notes and web based databanks.
· Statistic evaluations, analysis and measurement of internet site performance, respectively other marketing activities as well as maintenance of Lotus Notes databanks.
· Active participation and assistance in day-to-day business as well as general office administration.
· Assistance in the finance department with purchasing and invoice related topics.
· Become part of our team and gain not only an insight into a Briefing Centre's diverse responsibilities, but also into the structures of a large international company in the vibrant metropolitan region, Rhein-Neckar. You will be living in one of the largest economic centres in Germany, close to Heidelberg - one of Germany's most beautiful cities. Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
· Interest in the IT department and enjoyment in taking on a new learning curve.
· Outstanding standard of German, fluent in spoken and written elements, as well as an excellent feel of the language.
· Very good knowledge of spoken and written English.
· You enjoy translating and formulating content for invites, material for advertisement and social media platforms.
· Confident in working with new media and well established programmes, such as MS Office, especially Excel.
· First-hand experience with photo and video production for social media (production and editing).
· You enjoy working with numbers, using your analytical skills, knowledge with MS Excel, and an all-round structured attitude to work.
· Highly motivated, commitment-ready, able to work under pressure as well as an independent style of working and hands-on mentality.
· Structured work attitude, well organised and able to prioritise.
· You work well under pressure with deadlines as well as the demand of several tasks, whilst simultaneously preparing many other tasks to a high standard.
· You are willing to work flexible hours and overtime if an event requires this.
· You have a friendly, confident and open manner, customer oriented and compliant with business etiquette.
· Confident in working and communicating with people, executing tasks and taking phone calls.
· You are an excellent team player and can take on with criticism
· You enjoy being in a committed team and working together to achieve the same goals. Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
Education/training in event management, travel and leisure industry; or another commercial job, is beneficial.
Duration of internship: at least 6 months
Start of internship: earliest mid September 2018 but even a later start is possible
When applying for this position, please scan all the following documents into one single pdf file and upload:
1) Cover letter (incl. your availability)
2) university enrollment document to prove that you are still studying
3) current transcript of records and other relevant certificates / references
4) Non-EU citizen: copy of passport, residence and work permit
Thank you !
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(7240) IBM Deutschland GmbH
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Only enrolled students are eligible for this internship position.
Early Professional Track
New Collar Role
Here are some other vacancies your might like
IBM est leader mondial au service de la technologie de l'information. Ses activités, toujours au service de l'innovation, gravitent autour du matériel informatique, des logiciels et des services informatiques. Fondé en 1911, cette multinationale américaine a son siège social général à New York, aux États-Unis. En France, c'est à Bois-Colombes que se situe le siège depuis 1914. IBM France est aussi présent dans toutes les plus grandes villes françaises (Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Montpellier...) et compte plus de 11000 collaborateurs.
L'entreprise très dynamique et en constante recherche d'innovation recrute régulièrement de jeunes diplômés en stages, alternances, VIE, CDD ou CDI pour être acteur de ce mouvement. La société offre des postes de consultants, de chefs de projet, architectes d'application, ingénieurs systèmes, mais prend également en charge des métiers tels que les ingénieurs marketing ou responsables ressources humaines. Peu importe la carrière que vous souhaitez bâtir, IBM peut vous permettre de vous épanouir grâce à ses nombreuses opportunités à travers le monde.