In February 2017 IBM celebrated the opening of the new Watson IoT Global Headquarters and our first ever Watson IoT Client Center. The new headquarters, located in Munich, bring together researchers, developers and consultants in a "campus" environment to drive collaborative innovation and deeper engagement with clients and partners from around the world. The center also serves as a lab for data scientists, engineers and programmers to build innovative solutions at the intersection of cognitive computing and the IoT. The IBM Munich Center cultivates the most vibrant global ecosystem of clients, startups, researchers and academics from every industry. Openly and collaboratively, all these partners will work together to make our clients' visions a reality and even better yet pose new innovations they haven't yet imagined.
Located in a modern and exciting location, the Highlight Towers in Parkstadt Schwabing nearby the English Garden, Olympic Park and the City Centre are easily accessible by public transportation and offer many local restaurants and retail offerings. It is close to the university campus of TUM in Garching representing one of the biggest research institutions and surrounded by numerous worldwide operating companies from different industries like Finance and Technology. You will find a unique place to work at while enjoying an amazing view across the city and to the alps.
Working for IBM is your opportunity to join a company where you can make the world work better – we are IBMers, and that's what we do. World-class learning opportunities, mentoring and a flexible work environment where you will find a wealth of opportunities within IBM to create the career you've always imagined. And there are no limits to the opportunities we offer – from design to analytics, consulting to sales, development to marketing. Join IBM to discover what you can make of this moment and this opportunity combined with your skills and expertise - you'll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.
We are looking for an IBM Watson IoT – Industry Lab - Solution Architect
This role is focused on the design and implementation of leading edge solutions in a highly innovative environment. These solutions may use different technologies, vendors, platforms, and styles of computing.
The primary focus of the Solution Architect is to continuously scan the market for business and technology trends and emerging client requirements in order to develop solutions to explore and address them as well as to design all levels of integration required.
The Solution Architect is also responsible for the design and implementation of Proof-of-Concepts and Proof-of-Technologies capable to underline the client's vision and develop new use cases and experiences applying agile methods and Design Thinking processes. Topics like Internet of Things, Cloud Computing, Big Data & Analytics, Cognitive Computing, Mobility and microservices architecture - and their related standards and technologies - are important areas for this role. The Solution Architect requires a holistic view of solutions, including a sound appreciation of operational costs, security, performance engineering, application development and management.
Skills associated include:
· Understand trends and market needs
· General understanding of the industries in the Industry Lab (Automotive, Chemicals & Petroleum, Electronics, Government, Industrial Products, Insurance)
· Review and advice on matters relating to the industries and clients
· Apply innovative thinking in the development and supply of solutions
· Apply knowledge of solutions and strategy
· Design quality solutions for clients
· Lead teams in the development of solutions
· Perform technical evaluations
· Design Integration of Components
· Perform Components & Services Placement
· Design Front-End Solutions
· Design Application Integration
· Design Information Integration
· 5 years of Subject Matter Expertise in one of the Industry Lab Industries (Automotive, Chemicals & Petroleum, Electronics, Government, Industrial Products, Insurance) with proficiency across the Industry Value Chain
· 5 years' experience with solutions and technologies within the IoT domain, for example: Sensor technology, B2C, B2B, B2E, M2M, Connected Appliance, Connected Person, Connected Home, Connected Building, Connected Vehicle, Connected Supply Chain, Predictive Maintenance, Industrie 4.0, Industrial Robotics
· 5 years' experience with mobile products and/or platforms (both IBM and non-IBM) such as IBM Cloud & applying knowledge of mobile technical considerations and issues
· 5 years' experience delivering innovative solutions from concept through implementation in a complex environment while consistently meeting client expectations
· 5 years' experience in leading teams in the development of solutions
· 5 years' experience as a Solution Architect, including: performing technical evaluations, designing Integration of Components, performing Components & Services Placement, designing Front-End Solutions, designing Application Integration, designing Business Process Integration, designing Information Integration, advising on Infrastructure Architecture, designing for Overall Performance & Availability
· 5 years' experience with security frameworks and techniques in creating secure platform solutions
· 5 years' experience as a Solution Architect versed on opportunity identification, requirements definition, design, implementation and deployment of industry solutions
· 2 years' experience in Design Thinking Methodology
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(1418) IBM Munich Center GmbH
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 75% or 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Please see job description
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
· Proficiency in German and English Language
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
IBM est leader mondial au service de la technologie de l'information. Ses activités, toujours au service de l'innovation, gravitent autour du matériel informatique, des logiciels et des services informatiques. Fondé en 1911, cette multinationale américaine a son siège social général à New York, aux États-Unis. En France, c'est à Bois-Colombes que se situe le siège depuis 1914. IBM France est aussi présent dans toutes les plus grandes villes françaises (Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Montpellier...) et compte plus de 11000 collaborateurs.
L'entreprise très dynamique et en constante recherche d'innovation recrute régulièrement de jeunes diplômés en stages, alternances, VIE, CDD ou CDI pour être acteur de ce mouvement. La société offre des postes de consultants, de chefs de projet, architectes d'application, ingénieurs systèmes, mais prend également en charge des métiers tels que les ingénieurs marketing ou responsables ressources humaines. Peu importe la carrière que vous souhaitez bâtir, IBM peut vous permettre de vous épanouir grâce à ses nombreuses opportunités à travers le monde.