IBM Cloud (SoftLayer, an IBM Company) offers a unified platform that gives you cloud computing any way you want it, deployed on demand, with a single pane of glass for systems management (one portal; one Application Programming Interface (API).
· Rack, build, cable, configure, and provision Intel and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)
· Deployment of Cisco Layer 2 networking equipment
· Troubleshoot, test, quality assurance of server hardware
· Professionally resolve hardware issue via trouble ticket
· Create tickets within the ticketing system to address problems, incidents and changes of hardware
· Provide accurate and detailed logs within the ticketing and messaging systems for callouts and system alerts, as well as for communication and escalation steps taken to ensure prompt resolution of supported equipment, processes and teams
· Install, test and label cable and fiber using standard data center protocols and use cable management systems
IBM is currently recruiting for Data Center Technicians to join the IBM Cloud (SoftLayer, an IBM Company) team. There are multiple openings and shifts available.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Knowledge of computer hardware
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· One (1) year of work experience in a technical field
· Knowledge in Windows, Linux or Unix Operating Systems
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
New Collar Role