You and IBM India
IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. When you join IBM you join a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
We are recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name a few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award 'Best Employer of People with Disabilities' and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace — We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
We at IBM Global Business Services (GBS) are a dynamic group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals - a specific source of best-in-class Industry Consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome-based delivery model. All designed to be the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world - providing value-led and asset-powered end to end solutions.
With a global footprint in over 170 countries, we are empowering clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also transform them to a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world. With skills across six sectors and 17 industries, all major service lines and competencies, IBM's GBS is a promising business unit in itself to be a part of.
Through our unique global delivery network; IBM offers global expertise coupled with a deep understanding of local capabilities, markets and cultures you could be part of and partner on some great projects with some of the best corporations in the world across geographies.
A day in the role will include...
· Perform/ translates the Data Model/ design into Physical objects.
· Managing the Authorizations (Grants/ Revoke/ maintaining the user groups) experience to upgrades of v10/ v11.
· Analyze data volume and space requirements.
You will come with...
· Experience on create/ alter/ drop DB objects/ Table spaces, tables, Indexes/ Store procedures/ triggers.
· Experience on Dealing data types of CLOB/ BLOB/ XML , Large objects/ Auxillary objects
· Experience on Unload/ Load/ Reorg/ Xloads/ backup & restore/ runstats utilities on DB objects and its maintenance.
· Experience on QMF/ Omegamon tool experience on IBM ADMIN tool.
How we'll help you grow...
· You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses to grow your expertise.
· You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
· You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to determine what really excites you
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Application Database Administrator
State / Province
Primary job category
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 2-5 Years of Application DBA (Mainframe) Logical & Physical.
· Minimum 2 years of experience in z/OS DB2, Omegamon, QMF, SPUFI, Data Modelling(Start up knowledge), Good DB2 analytical skills, DASD estimation
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Good experience in scripting language.
· DB2 DBA Certification.
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your anpplication.
Your Life @ IBM
About Business Unit