Job ID 1018811 Date posted 2/21/2018 Primary Location Westborough, Massachusetts, United States Job Category Graduate programs and Internships, Administration Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United States of America)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
Software-defined and Cloud Group (SDCG) has the mission of defining and developing the next generation of software-enabled Hybrid IT solutions to provide the simplest experience for our customers to consume and operate their business workloads and applications.
Our team provides support to our portfolio which includes:
- Integrated software-defined systems
- Automation and orchestration management software to seamlessly align applications with the underlying infrastructure
- HPE cloud capabilities that enable developers and data center operators to effortlessly build cloud applications in their Hybrid IT environments.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking a highly motivated Software DevOps Engineer Intern to work in the Westborough ,MA office.
· Learn and understand hardware and software systems and operating system platforms.
· Learn and understand configuration management systems and platform automation systems.
· Follow direction of manager or team lead to implement software enhancements and/or correct defects.
· Use current programming languages and technologies, write code, and perform testing and debugging of applications.
· Learn how to communicate and document software in a team environment.
· System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
· Participate in Scrum processes as part of an Agile / Scrum team
Education and Experience Required:
· Currently attending a 4-year university, majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or related experience)
· College level student Junior or above
· Basic knowledge of web application development
· Previous internships in relevant field
Knowledge and Skills:
· Experience or understanding of software systems design tools and languages.
· Programming background: Python and Ruby experience preferred
· Exposure to configuration management using Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
· Good analytical and problem solving skills.
· Understanding of design for software systems running on multiple platform types
· Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures.
· Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
• Competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status