Description de l'offre
Job ID 1032447 Date posted 10/31/2018 Primary Location Böblingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany Job Category Legal Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (Germany)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
HPE’s Legal Department (LD) has approximately 400 employees worldwide in 40 countries. We provide legal advice and support that helps our clients achieve the company’s business objectives in a manner that complies with applicable legal and ethical standards. Practice areas include supporting HPE's business units, Ethics & Compliance, Litigation, Global Functions, Intellectual Property, Corporate, Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions and supporting all eleven global geographies.
The German legal department is looking for a new team member as dedicated Legal Counsel (f/m) for labor law:
· Provide qualified legal support and strategic advice to HPE clients internally
· Act as Legal Counsel for Germany focusing on individual and collective labor law and HR matters
· Provide advice to the German HR and business management on strategic labor law related initiatives incl. compensation and benefits (pensions) related activities
· Support HR Generalists in handling of complex day to day matters
· Participate in negotiations with workers councils as required, and closely liaise with HR and Labor Relations management regarding handling of works council procedures and disputes
· Provide, coordinate and manage specific legal support on national and international ARD transactions in the context of M&A or outsourcing activities
· Manage employment related disputes and litigations working closely with different functions within HPE
· Identify, analyze and resolve complex legal issues with solution-oriented focus while pragmatically balancing risk
· Promote legal awareness and lead legal training to HR and business teams, managers and team members
· Collaborate seamlessly with the wider OGC outside of Germany providing advice and information to other teams such as Ethics & Compliance and Data Privacy
Education and Experience Required
· Advanced degrees in German law (1st and 2nd state examination)
· 3 – 6 years post-qualification labor law specific legal experience in an international law firm and/or in a legal department of a multinational company; applications from bar-certified labor law specialists with a strong business acumen and experience in company pension schemes will be favorably considered.
· International legal experience and/or education will be an advantage but is not a pre-requisite
· Ability to translate complex legal or factual issues into plain language communications
· Broad and deep knowledge of local/regional laws and regulations
· Fluent in German and English (written and spoken) – additional other European languages skills are welcome
· Willingness to travel occasionally
To be successful in this role there are a number of personal characteristics we think you must have:
· Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment
· Strong commercial and business interest
· Ability to see the bigger picture, always with the customer focus at heart
· Energetic and proactive approach
· Sense of pragmatism and can do attitude
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Strong team orientation, still being comfortable operating independently
Part-time work or job-sharing is also applicable to this position.
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.