Description de l'offre
Job ID 1025666 Date posted 5/23/2018 Primary Location Böblingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany Job Category Legal Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (Germany)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE’s Legal Department (LD) has approximately 400 employees worldwide in 40 countries. We provide legal advice and support that helps our clients achieve the company’s business objectives in a manner that complies with applicable legal and ethical standards. Practice areas include supporting HPE's five business units, Ethics & Compliance, Litigation, Global Functions, Intellectual Property, Corporate, Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions and supporting all eleven global geographies.
Due to the constant growth and success, the German legal department is looking for a further team member to provide legal advice and contract management to the German business and customers. Complex service delivery transaction require continuous legal supervision and support of the delivery on which this team members activities will be concentrated.
Responsibilities primarily in relation to the delivery under existing customers complex service delivery agreements:
· Provide proactive contractual legal support to help our existing customer accounts grow profitable business, maximize margin and manage risk
· Draft, review and negotiate various kinds of legal documents in existing client relationships, in particular complex deals, occasionally in multi-country transactions
· Assurance of abidance to contract terms and claim management
· Optimization and support of existing contracts including the preparation and negotiation of contract amendments and renewals
· Attend business reviews or other meetings as appropriate to advise on contractual issues
· Undertake contract reviews as appropriate and ensure the responsible internal clients are fully aware of all obligations, areas of risk, open issues, opportunities for growth related to the contracts
· Identify, analyze and resolve contractual legal issues with solution-oriented focus while pragmatically balancing risk
· Early support on disputes and exit scenarios working closely with business
· Support on regulatory and compliance matters related to the contracts, such as anti-corruption, public procurement and competition law, to help prevent non-compliance and mitigate business risks in these areas
· Collaborate seamlessly with the wider legal team
· Facilitate internal review of agreements and support the commercial execution of contracts
Education and Experience Required:
· German qualified lawyer (”Volljurist/in“)
· First post-qualification commercial legal experience in an international law firm and/or in a legal department of a multinational company welcome; applications of well qualified job starters will also be considered
· Commercial acumen, financial awareness and negotiating skills
· Strong affinity to the technical /IT driven factual perspective
· Prior experience in IT / Commercial / Litigation law is a plus but not essential
· Ability to translate complex legal or factual issues into plain language communications
· Fluent in German and English (written and spoken) – additional other European languages skills are welcome
· Sense of urgency, pragmatism and can do attitude as well as the ability to communicate effectively
· Strong team orientation while still being comfortable operating independently
· Willingness to occasionally travel
Part-time work or job-sharing is also applicable to this position.
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.