Description de l'offre
Job ID 1029067 Date posted 10/31/2018 Primary Location Böblingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany Other location Dornach-Aschheim,Dornach-Aschheim,Germany Job Category Sales Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (Germany)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
Data is the new gold dust of most industries today. Being able to continuously capture and analyze data is becoming not only a competitive advantage but also essential to survive as an Enterprise in most industries. Retailers are collecting data about the clients to address and steer demand. Manufacturers install sensors in every machine to predict maintenance needs before resulting in a failure. Health care companies use results from millions of high-resolution tissue scan to identify cancer much quicker and earlier than any doctor can. Today’s car models are already creating GB of data every hour, which the automotive industry uses to improve safety and comfort for drivers. Autonomous cars will be creating another magnitude of data every minute.
As a result, enterprises are heavily investing into scalable Big Data Infrastructure , which allows them to store Petabytes of data in a cost effective and accessible way. They invest into High Performance Computing (HPC) solution to analyze data and apply new technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning to automate conclusions and actions.
HPE as one of the market leaders in HPC offers a wide range of Storage, Compute infrastructure and Software solutions to help customer on this journey.
As Junior Category Manager (f/m) in DACH & Russia (Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Russia) you will be responsible for the management and development of HPE’s High Performance Computing (HPC) and Big Data Infrastructure Product Portfolio. Products include HPC Server products, optimized compute and storage platforms as well as infrastructure software from external partners that HPE resells to offer complete solutions.
HPC, Big Data and AI are one of the hottest and rapidly evolving technology areas. New technologies and software vendors are entering the market every quarter requiring the Category Manager to watch the market, learn about new offerings and identify opportunities to jointly go-to-market with these vendors.
We are therefore looking for a dynamic person, eager to learn about new technologies and develop business around them.
You will be joining a team of about 25 experienced Category Managers across DACH & Russia, which are looking after various other parts of the Hybrid IT Data Center Infrastructure Portfolio of HPE. For both HPC and Big Data you will be supported by experienced Category Managers as well as experts from other organization who will help you ramp in your role.
Your main areas of responsibility will be the following:
· Ensure enablement of Sales and Channel Partners for the respective product categories
· Work closely with Channel Partner and Distribution Partners to grow the joint business
· Help shape deals and deal pricing to meet margin objectives and increase win probability working closely with sales and the pricing finance teams
· Manage all local aspects of the product lifecycle starting from new product introduction (NPI), through
· Monitor ongoing product performance and derive actions to achieve business goals
· Support the forecasting process (revenue, units, margin, mix) with local market and portfolio knowledge updates and enhancements, up to proper end of life (EOL) phase out and transition of products
· Coordinate with the worldwide Product Management on all aspects and ensure local requirements are met
· Be the subject matter expert (business, value prop and lifecycle focus) and evangelist for your product portfolio for Sales, Channel and End Customers
· Monitor the market, identify technology trend and develop new local go-to-market strategies to grow the business
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitive offerings and strategies to support HPE Sales teams with counter arguments
· Maintain and use overall cross-portfolio knowledge to support with integration of solutions and identify joint opportunities
· Support major end customer and partner events
· Develop local and execute global initiatives and actions to achieve business objectives and growth
· Collaborate closely with other Category Managers in DACH & Russia to align on strategies, joint programs and best practices
· Work with existing and identify new solution and software vendors to promote joint use cases and go-to-market initiatives that help increase HPE product sales in your category
· Work closely with marketing & route-to-market teams to ensure representation of your products in key HPE marketing and sales campaigns
Education and Experience Required:
· University or Bachelor's degree; Advanced University or MBA preferred.
· 1-3 years of job experience in the IT industry
· Experience with HPE Hybrid IT products preferred
· Combination of both technical and business experience
· Experience in Program or Product Management is helpful
· Fluent in German and English (verbal & writing), additional languages preferred
Knowledge & Skills required:
· Basic understanding of IT and data center technology
· Understanding of HPC, Big Data and AI technologies and concepts is highly appreciate, but not a must
· Most important is an overall technology interest and willingness to learn
· Good Team player
· Good presentation and communication skills
· Structured programmatic approach
· Can work in a matrix structure and a virtual team
· Able to handle pressure
Part-time work or job-sharing is also applicable to this position.
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.